Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Goodbye awesome game! Goodbye EA!

I'm having the same problem. Is this a widespread issue?
  • It's happening to a lot of people, my suggestion is to rate the game a 1/5 on the App Store and it may encourage them to do something about it.

It's almost been 2 weeks for me too.
  • My daughter has the iPhone 5 and has tried getting in for me a few times but no joy and I love this game
  • Gemini1656 wrote:
    My daughter has the iPhone 5 and has tried getting in for me a few times but no joy and I love this game

Try late at night or early in the morning (north american time if you are elsewhere in the world) - the load on the Origin servers seems to be somewhat related to it, along with the benefit of the iPhone 5 having more RAM.

And if you do try the iPhone 5 thing, I recommend turning off the auto lock, setting air plane mode and then re-enabling wifi only and finally turning on do not disturb to minimize the chance of something interrupting your attempt to get back in. Since having more memory available seems to greatly increase the chance of getting back in (which is why the iPhone 5 seems to be the magic bullet - it has twice the memory of the 4S and iPads, and since the screen is smaller uses less RAM than the iPads too) shut down all your applications (double click the home button to bring up the application switcher, press and hold any app to make them all "wiggle" and then use the minus button to close them all) and reboot your device before re-launching TSTO app and trying to get in again. And it may take more than one attempt - but especially if you have an iPhone 5 and close out all the apps on your device and reboot, you should be able to get in after a few attempts.
  • borce1976 wrote:
    Its not only an iphone 5 thing, it worked for me on iphone 4 and others said they had sucess on the 4s. Keep trying is all i can say.

Yup, you may get back in on something other than an iPhone 5 (I finally got back in on my iPad 3) - but this bug seems highly sensitive to available memory, and the iPhone 5 has the potential for the most free RAM of any of the iOS devices at the moment due to the base amount of RAM it has (1 GB) and the smaller screen size vs. the iPad 4 with the lightning connector that also has 1 GB of RAM. The iPhone 4's and older iPads have 512MB of RAM, and some of the really old devices like the iPad one and iPhone 3's have 256MB of RAM :(

The more free RAM you have the more likely you will get past the opening screen vs. the app crashing...