Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Gremlin Guide

Cool :thumbup: where did you find this info?
  • I definitely lost goo dropping gremlins in friends towns-twice! But i believe it was a glitch. I saw some other people were posting about glitches too. It has not happened again since but if it does I'll report it to ea.
  • joeythelemur714 wrote:
    StonecutterJeff wrote:
    if its 4 goo for each gremlin. then if you and a friend can team up. if you drop 10 in his town and he never hits them, then that is 40 goo every 4 hours. in a day thats 240 goo. we just need to hit 271 each day to be able to get all the prizes by nov 7. so if you and your friend dont kill the gremlin you be at the goal in no time.

Is this right? I hope so, but seems like every other gremlin post suggests that you should squish the gremlins in your town. And you could collect far more than the 240 every 24 hours since you'd probably have others that never get tapped or successfully hide out in another town for a while.

Can anyone clarify? Has anyone actually made this arrangement with a friend to see if non-squished gremlins actually accumulate goo over the entire day?

That is not correct, because the gremlins disappear and therefore do not produce more GOO after 4 hours. You would have to have an agreement whereby you exchanged 10 gremlins every 4 hours including in the wee hours of the AM
  • wrong wrong wrong, after 4 hours, they take over someones body and you'll see them floating. the person who placed them gets 4 and you get one ifffff you tap it. welcome.
  • I say squish them when you see them. This actually increases everyone's numbers if you have active friends. I could let 10 gremlins sit around for 4 hours and one person can get 40 goo, or I can clear them 5 minutes after they are dropped, we each get 20 and then another neighbor can drop their 10. So then I can click them and get us each 20 more. So in a much shorter time I have gained 40, and given 2 friends 20 each. That's 80 goo total in a much shorter time than just letting one persons 10 sit around for hours for a total of only 40 goo.
  • Mjr1124 wrote:
    I say squish them when you see them. This actually increases everyone's numbers if you have active friends. I could let 10 gremlins sit around for 4 hours and one person can get 40 goo, or I can clear them 5 minutes after they are dropped, we each get 20 and then another neighbor can drop their 10. So then I can click them and get us each 20 more. So in a much shorter time I have gained 40, and given 2 friends 20 each. That's 80 goo total in a much shorter time than just letting one persons 10 sit around for hours for a total of only 40 goo.

I second this, way too many people are letting those 10 gremlins lock up their quota for the full four hours, and they aren't even getting anything out of it! I would say 80% of my friends are at 0 gremlins that I can drop when I visit, at any time of the day.

Assuming you have friends who are awake and visiting your Springfield exactly when the four hours expires, around the clock, then your total quota of gremlins per day is 60 at the most - but in reality probably 30-40 due to sleep, gaps between visits, etc. So say 40 gremlins is the realistic maximum per day, that's 160 goo to the friends lucky enough to be able to drop a gremlin in your town - and none to you.

However, if you have 100 friends and they were each able to drop 10 gremlins when they visited, that would be 1000 gremlins per day, 2000 goo to you and 2000 goo to your friends - everyone gets more goo! And that's not even the theoretical maximum, if people could visit you multiple times in one day and drop gremlins every time they visited, it could be even higher.