Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Handshakes & atom (yellow signs)

anna22478 wrote:
Sorry if this is a stupid question, this is my 1st big event with neighbours.
I am trying to leave some buildings untapped for visitors, I seem to be getting both handshakes & atom signs. Example. Moes tavern gets the atom sign but kwickimart & Simpsons house gets handshakes.

Atom signs give atom bar but handshakes only give money.

If I collect all money from all buildings does this mean I will get atom signs only & no handshakes? Or Should I continue to leave buildings untapped. I'm confused

As the event gets further along, you should get all atom signs, the handshakes are coming from your neighbors who aren't far enough along with the event yet.
  • Dexterslab32 wrote:
    Not sure if it is doing this for everyone but has anyone else noticed that when you report crime (generating the atom symbol) it activates that buildings animation? It could very well just be a glitch on my new iPad but I tapped someones bad dream house and was very pleasantly surprised to see its animation!

Yes this is part of the update so no glitch. When ur neighbour collects your tap they also see the animation :)
  • Another question....if I tap all of the bad guys in my town will that leave none for friends? I always try to leave stuff to tap so right now I have money left on most buildings so I'm guessing it's ok to remove that even though I still seem to be getting handshakes?

• dubhe1313 wrote:
    Another question....if I tap all of the bad guys in my town will that leave none for friends? I always try to leave stuff to tap so right now I have money left on most buildings so I'm guessing it's ok to remove that even though I still seem to be getting handshakes?

As far as we have worked out you can collect all your money & neighbours will still be able to tap something. This truly is a 'tapped out' update :) collect all the criminals too, so that you get your bars to level up, again your neighbours will have plenty to tap.
  • Thank you.
    I had initially posted this in another thread but figured this thread was more appropriate so I moved the question here. Others did answer though that clearing cash and criminals in your town was ok. :)
  • I was just wondering if any one knows if there is a time limit to tap the atom sign (that your neighbour leaves for you)? Does it disappear after a certain point? I have friends overseas, so if this is the case I will need to reset my visit time because I would like them to benefit. Apologies if this has been asked and answered in another thread, but as this thread specifically pertains to handshakes and atoms I thought it would be best to ask here. Thanks' :D
  • I visited some neighbors the night before the update and found u was able to leave atom signs but not tap criminals the following day. Maybe the combination is from someone like that. The crims seem to be attached to the normal visit stuff, where as atoms seperate.
  • I love how funny it is that the same building can be tapped by two different neighbors producing both handshakes and atom signs depending on how far along they are.

What happened with the handshakes that you had before you reached the point where you could leave atom signs- did the handshakes turn into atom signs in your town or did they stay handshakes?
  • Tazzy452 wrote:
    suetopia wrote:

I was just wondering if any one knows if there is a time limit to tap the atom sign (that your neighbour leaves for you)? Does it disappear after a certain point? I have friends overseas (Juliet, Elian, Taz anyone else I missed - if you could let me know if you are getting my atom signs because right now my visit time is around 12am your time... 7pm mine), so if this is the case I will need to reset my visit time because I would like them to benefit. Apologies if this has been asked and answered in another thread. Thanks! :D

Hi Sue Henpot is right there is no time limit. But I do think you get more reward the quicker you tap them. No sure yet if that is the case but when I get the heads up it tells me that a neighbour has raised the alarm for the criminals and the quicker you tap the more reward so that is what I am going on. :)

Thanks Taz :D
  • Raven_Darkstorm wrote:
    Can we collect from all our buildings during this event with no worries for friends having stuff to tap?

It's fine for the vast majority of your town but you might want to hold off a bit with the ones around your landing zone just to allow some of the slower players to update their games and/or reach that part of the event.