Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Has donuts for goo been capped?

muleheadjoe wrote:
I have 2 Springfields, and in each one I have about 24 or 25 thousand goo collected. In each of my SFs the last time I went over the 2000 goo collection interval I did NOT get the flashing bonus boxes or any donuts. It just reset the goo interval back to zero.

Has anybody else had this happen to them?

Mine happened at 22k. Hit 24k last night, and got my box.

It depends where you are when the counter rolls. If it was due to like gremlins while visiting friends, I found I did not get the box. When I was in my Springfield for 24k, it worked as expected.
  • Since the update, you must be in YOUR SF when you reach 2000 or you get no donuts. So visit neighbors, get to 1999, then go back to your town and find a ghost to pop, your bonus boxes should pop up.

Be careful when sending out gremlins as you approach 2000, this might mess things up too. I am at 31K and have not missed a bonus so there is no cap.
  • muleheadjoe wrote:
    I have 2 Springfields, and in each one I have about 24 or 25 thousand goo collected. In each of my SFs the last time I went over the 2000 goo collection interval I did NOT get the flashing bonus boxes or any donuts. It just reset the goo interval back to zero.

Look at the candy counter on the left of the screen... . Its been told here only 100 times... .
  • muleheadjoe wrote:

no, the donuts are still be awarded. people are getting confused because they are expecting the donut prize boxes to pop up automatically. The level 36 update changed that. now, when the window pops up showing you that your bonus goo counter has reset, you have to hit the "See Prizes" button to get the donut prize boxes.

• KRCJabba wrote:

Look at the candy counter on the left of the screen... . Its been told here only 100 times... .

ummm ... yeah, reading comprehension much? I know *where* the counter is, and I know how to read it ...

The point of my post was that the last time I went over the 2k threshold I did not not get the bonus boxes.

In both cases I went over the threshold while visiting neighbors. I've rolled over the 2k threshold before while visiting neighbor Springfields and gotten the bonus box as soon as I returned to my home S/F ... but this last time it was different and it caught me entirely by surprise. Very irritating that EA would push a change that invalidated a buttload of work.
  • ephphoneapps wrote:

no, the donuts are still be awarded. people are getting confused because they are expecting the donut prize boxes to pop up automatically. The level 36 update changed that. now, when the window pops up showing you that your bonus goo counter has reset, you have to hit the "See Prizes" button to get the donut prize boxes.

Is there a place to find out about what changes are included in EA updates? Some things are obvious like adding a level or new buildings/characters, but little functional changes like how the bonus box functions is something I'd never have figured out on my own.
  • ephphoneapps wrote:

Are you sure about that? Tapping the 'see prizes' button does nothing other than showing me the same list it always has ... nothing there about the donut bonus boxes.

As I think on that theory, I'm pretty sure it's wrong ... the last missing prize boxes were not the first times I've rolled the 2k goo meter since the level 36 update ... I've rolled 2k at least twice now each S/F since the Lvl 36 update came out, and the previous occasions I got the prize boxes automatically as normal. I've never tapped the "see prizes" button when rolling the 2k goo meter, so I don't see how that can have anything to do with the bonus boxes.

If the update did anything to the bonus boxes, it seems to have broken the call to the prize boxes when you're in another S/F when you hit the 2k threshold.
  • marco_rosa833 wrote:
    I always hit EXACTLY 2000 goo at a different Springfield. (I count the Goo.) The prize boxes have popped up for me as normal since the lvl 36 update. My last bonus collection was just yesterday.

That's interesting ... I did exactly the same in one of my towns ... counted the goo while visiting neighbor Springfields and at EXACTLY 2000 I returned to my home Springfield and the goo counter box popped up showing 0/2000 and there were no bonus boxes, no donuts.

So last night in my other Springfield, I was visiting neighbors and counting goo and at exactly 1998 goo I returned to my home S/F and tapped 2 ghosts to hit the 2k mark and the bonus prize boxes automatically popped up as was previously normal and I got some bonus donuts.

Are you on iOS or Android device? I know there are some odd behavioral differences between Mapple and Android versions of TSTO, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
  • I got a goo bonus box today as well, was in another SF and got it when I returned. That as usual for me. I suppose if there is any question, better to try to catch the last of your 2k in your own SF. Although, my counter is off from the prize counter, so I personally would only have a general sense, not an exact number
  • I caught my 2000 goo ghost in my town and got the candy pop up box showing my counter had reset. I tapped the "see Prizes" and then the donut bonus box showed up. That was my 30,000 goo. And this was about an hour ago.

Basically it is my understanding that if you hit the 200 mark, either the donut bonus box will pop up OR the "sppoktacular Bonus" counter window. If you get the bonus window, click on see prizes. if that doesn't get you your donuts IDK what will.
  • You can be in other towns, just return to yours once you hit 2000. Once you enter your town, you'll see the new task saying "0/2000". Just close the task book and the scratch-off should appear.