Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Henchmen in neighbors towns?

It's usually because they have large towns with more roads. The henchmen will head for the roads, so many people use only a few roads, and cement for the other raods, to keep the henchmen in one area.
  • ForumNerds wrote:
    Unless he means the gangs of three thugs that we battle in the alleyway. According to the game rules I saw someplace, the most you can have wandering around is 12 ... Though I don't know if that means 12 groups of three or 12 in total ... I usually fight them as soon as I release them from the alley, but there have been times I didn't have enough superheroes charged up yet, and I left the gangs walking around.

It's 12 groups. I had like 7 at one point, which would make maybe 21 individuals, so it's obviously just the groups. The number in the corner doesn't change (say it's at 3) even if you defeat one Felon from each group. That's the number the game refers to when it says the limit is 12.
  • drzoidberg2807 wrote:
    Why do some of my neighbors towns have TONS of henchmen while some of the towns I have to search for just 3. Is it because they are on killing them at the same time?

Every neighbor town you visit has the same number of Henchmen in it. They're just harder to find in some towns than others.

When you enter a neighbor's town the Henchmen are created just for you. I think it's 30. They're placed around the town randomly in open locations - i.e. where there's no building or decoration sitting. How big the town is and how much stuff is crammed into it determines how easy or hard it is to find them.

Since they're shorter than most buildings it's easy for them to 'hide' behind the buildings. There could be several Henchmen on your screen at any given time - you just can't see them because they're behind buildings.

Sometimes when I'm having a hard time finding Henchmen I'll start randomly tapping buildings. Quite often I'll hit a hidden Henchman.
  • So the best way to find henchmen in bigger towns (or towns with everything just crammed together) is to look behind and next to buildings as opposed to on roads and on grass?
  • I've found that players with lower (or no) activity seem to have more henchmen/criminals clustered in the landing zone. My neighbours who are more active have criminals that are harder to find or more spread out, regardless of number of roads.
  • Yesterday I was in a neighbors town and found Maggie on top of a blue house :shock: sucking noise and all. So, yeah, when one can find Maggie before the criminals, it gets a bit ridiculous.
  • drzoidberg2807 wrote:
    So the best way to find henchmen in bigger towns (or towns with everything just crammed together) is to look behind and next to buildings as opposed to on roads and on grass?

I find they stick to roads in my neighbour towns. But with seriously crammed towns it may be different.

Just speculation, but I always thought towns with less criminals to tap are larger (land purchased, number of items out, characters etc.) and EA is reducing load time by displaying less criminals.