Forum Discussion

10 years ago

How do you get the smaller islands?

Wait for about 2.5 hours.
  • @johncolombo, good catch! First the broken wheel from last Christmas, and now the much-maligned easter boxes marooned on tropical islands. :)

Did it occur to anyone else that, at $10,000 per island, it's cheaper for some of us to buy an island than a tile, and doesn't take 3.5 days to see? :)
  • I just picked up a few of the cash islands but without a multiplier the others just aren't worth it.
  • Well, I ended up falling asleep last night. But I just bought them all this morning. I really like them! But I had to laugh, leave it to EA to make the expensive island much smaller than the cheaper one. But at least they offered a fremium island. I really don't have the room, but I'm strangely tempted to buy a couple more of the fremium ones.
  • I can get small island but can't place it? Where is it supposed to go? It only is red when I move it around
  • jennifer_1316 wrote:
    I can get small island but can't place it? Where is it supposed to go? It only is red when I move it around

Has to go in the water. One of my towns doesn't have much open water and I wanted a bunch of those islands, so I stored the captain's boat, bought some islands, moved those islands to storage, bought some more islands, etc.
  • neuroheart wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    Wait for about 2.5 hours.

I got it over 12 hours ago.

I meant literally from the time I posted, not from the time you get the big island.

They should be available to everyone, now. I bought the one for cash, passing on the premiums.

My bad. I thought you meant from time of getting the island.

Anyways I got a few cash ones and I got the 30 donut one because it fit what I was trying to do.

I wish there was more space on the water though. Things feel cramped there, especially when you're trying to make a chain of islands. :?

http://i.imgur.com/Y9e7AB4.jpg