Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Smaller Microscopes and Telescopes

My sims children are in scouts and on of their badges are a young scientist. They can get this by doing computer programming, using the microscope, or telescope. I think we should have smaller portable microscopes and telescopes for children and adults, instead of having just these gigantic microscopes and telescopes that definitely belong in a lab. Just saying.
    Moridhus
    New Spectator
    It seems strange that the only microscopes and telescopes in the game are gigantic. It would be good if there were some smaller, more portable options too. (Although woohoo in the observatory is funny.)
  • While I'm fine with what we currently have in the game and understand why they designed them that way, I support the idea of having smaller/portable variations of this stuff.
  • What, you don't like awkwardly plunking a observatory-level telescope in the middle of your yard, basically flipping the bird to the HOA? Pff.
  • "Nushka;c-17765492" wrote:
    "Chicklet453681;c-17765480" wrote:
    "thatpinkcoconut;c-17757277" wrote:
    While I'm fine with what we currently have in the game and understand why they designed them that way, I support the idea of having smaller/portable variations of this stuff.

Why did they design them that way? I've always wondered why they are so ginormous.

So that EA can charge extra for a Stuff Pack that has a smaller portable telescope or table microscope. Do you remember round 1 voting for the 2nd community stuff pack (the one that ended with Nifty Knitting)?

https://simsvip.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/7.png

This doesn't surprise me, but it does make me angry. I agree, we need smaller telescopes and microscopes. The only way I can accept these as DLC is as part of a school themed game pack for kids and teens. I'll probably have my heart broken, but I've got my heart set on a pack that allows us to follow our sims to school (if we choose to) and gives us after school activities, school dances, and such.
  • If you can use CC, someone converted sims 3 telescope into TS4 here: https://jonysimmer.tumblr.com/post/182488535311/the-sims-4-telescope
    I use it and it works fine :)
  • "thatpinkcoconut;c-17757277" wrote:
    While I'm fine with what we currently have in the game and understand why they designed them that way, I support the idea of having smaller/portable variations of this stuff.

Why did they design them that way? I've always wondered why they are so ginormous.
  • "Nushka;c-17765492" wrote:

So that EA can charge extra for a Stuff Pack that has a smaller portable telescope or table microscope. Do you remember round 1 voting for the 2nd community stuff pack (the one that ended with Nifty Knitting)?

Wow! I forgot all about that (probably because that didn't interest me)! How horribly greedy is that!
    Redrogue60
    Seasoned Vanguard
    "Nushka;c-17766894" wrote:
    "bookish_sammy;c-17765539" wrote:
    "Nushka;c-17765492" wrote:

This doesn't surprise me, but it does make me angry. I agree, we need smaller telescopes and microscopes. The only way I can accept these as DLC is as part of a school themed game pack for kids and teens. I'll probably have my heart broken, but I've got my heart set on a pack that allows us to follow our sims to school (if we choose to) and gives us after school activities, school dances, and such.

I completely agree with you. It'd be a nice addition for a children/teen school pack that has more things than the smaller versions of telescopes and microscopes.

The sadest thing about the list of Science&technology SP is that not a lot there is new. Kids and teens already have the project boxed kits, there are already telescopes and microscopes in game, toddlers already have a block table, the only new thing would be food science and that's not so much for kids.

I just want more after school activities that raise kids' habiliten and more toys they can carry around in their inventories (jumping ropes, hula hoops, kids bikes, etc) and different types of schools (private, arts oriented, military oriented...)

It'd also be lovely if we could get boarding schools that worked like in DU but I doubt we ever would.

I would have loved that theme also the Happy Haunts

About The Sims 4 Creative Corner

Share screenshots, stories, builds, custom creations, mods, challenges, and funny moments in our Sims 4 Creative Corner.9,092 PostsLatest Activity: 38 minutes ago