Forum Discussion

10 years ago

I spent how much (edited)

I'm not even going to add what i have spent in the last 3years+ Probably could have put the kids through college :lol:
    barryriddl474
    Seasoned Newcomer
    izabellatrix wrote:
    annettemarc wrote:
    Ummm. I'm really really confused as to where you got those numbers ...

According to the "Free Items vs. Premium Items" thread, which Deadshot just updated yesterday with the Pride Day items http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9035573.page

Here's the breakdown of numbers of premium items by category:

99 Premium Characters (19 of which were free during events)
    44 other Premium Buildings (15 of which were free during events)
    25 Premium Skins & facades (9 of which were free during events)
    144 Premium Decorations
    10 Premium items in Krustyland (includes rides, and decorations)

The NPCs are included in that "Premium Character" category.
    White fences, benches with towels, Pride signs, green trashcans, Homers hammock, etc. are included in premium "decorations"
    Krustyland trashcans are included in the "Krustyland" item category.

That's 322 Premium Items, for those who paid for all of them (e.g., those who got absolutely NONE of them for free.)

Let's assume, just for the sake of argument -- I'll go really high here -- that each and every item costs 150 donuts. Even a white fence. ;)

That would be 48,300 donuts ... or just about 20 boatloads of donuts.
    $2,000 dollars over 3.5 years is $47 per month. (Assuming a white fence is 150 donuts.)

Incidentally, here's what happens for those of us who DID get items for free ... when I take out the 40 or so items given away for free during events, the number of items drops to 282 items, or approximately 42,300 donuts. (Assuming a white fence is 150 donuts) ... that's under 18 boatloads ... $1,800 over 3.5 years is $42 per month.

Don't be so hard on yourself. You're bad. But not THAT bad. ;)

That's a really inaccurate way of calculating it though. I'm not sure where you got the idea to make 150 the average, since most items cost less than that. The OP crunched the real numbers.

$800 isn't actually that bad. That's less than my monthly rent. Plus I'm sure lots of people buy donuts during the Christmas Gil deal where you get however many extra with your purchase.

Before the OP's post was edited after seeing Annette's post, the OP originally said basically that $9300 was spent instead of $800. Problem solved now though, it seems.
  • NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Normally I wouldnt quote such a long post but considering the time it must have taken you to work this all out and type it all, fair play!! http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-GXP1DE6M_m4/Unuo6h9yVpI/AAAAAAAAAEo/tNEtW7ogVRE/s1600/HighFive.gif

I think I started about year and a half ago, and do updat it as soon as the wikisimpsosns get updated (I but everything so fast I forget what I bought and paid for.
    That's just the edited list from a complete list of everything released by up date (fist run only). I deleted the returning items as it was too long and confusing, I wanted to know how much in game cash each item costs (total) but I don't want to go back and and do all that (imagine fat fingering the math on those numbers) plus all the events currency.
  • AARONRTD wrote:
    That makes me nauseous to think of all those neighborhoods that shoved the crap in the corner with multiples and no design whatsoever.

It's adorable that you think those people actually paid for their donuts. ;)
  • barryriddl474 wrote:
    izabellatrix wrote:
    annettemarc wrote:
    Ummm. I'm really really confused as to where you got those numbers ...

According to the "Free Items vs. Premium Items" thread, which Deadshot just updated yesterday with the Pride Day items http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9035573.page

Here's the breakdown of numbers of premium items by category:

99 Premium Characters (19 of which were free during events)
    44 other Premium Buildings (15 of which were free during events)
    25 Premium Skins & facades (9 of which were free during events)
    144 Premium Decorations
    10 Premium items in Krustyland (includes rides, and decorations)

The NPCs are included in that "Premium Character" category.
    White fences, benches with towels, Pride signs, green trashcans, Homers hammock, etc. are included in premium "decorations"
    Krustyland trashcans are included in the "Krustyland" item category.

That's 322 Premium Items, for those who paid for all of them (e.g., those who got absolutely NONE of them for free.)

Let's assume, just for the sake of argument -- I'll go really high here -- that each and every item costs 150 donuts. Even a white fence. ;)

That would be 48,300 donuts ... or just about 20 boatloads of donuts.
    $2,000 dollars over 3.5 years is $47 per month. (Assuming a white fence is 150 donuts.)

Incidentally, here's what happens for those of us who DID get items for free ... when I take out the 40 or so items given away for free during events, the number of items drops to 282 items, or approximately 42,300 donuts. (Assuming a white fence is 150 donuts) ... that's under 18 boatloads ... $1,800 over 3.5 years is $42 per month.

Don't be so hard on yourself. You're bad. But not THAT bad. ;)

That's a really inaccurate way of calculating it though. I'm not sure where you got the idea to make 150 the average, since most items cost less than that. The OP crunched the real numbers.

$800 isn't actually that bad. That's less than my monthly rent. Plus I'm sure lots of people buy donuts during the Christmas Gil deal where you get however many extra with your purchase.

Before the OP's post was edited after seeing Annette's post, the OP originally said basically that $9300 was spent instead of $800. Problem solved now though, it seems.

Oh, I see. Well anyway, like you said problem solved.
  • I've never "bought" donuts, but twice I did buy a donut scratcher and both times I won the minimum number of donuts. I've been playing for a number of years, I think since about level 7 or so, so my town is pretty well stuffed with many other items in storage. Currently I have a little more than 300 donuts which accumulate through legitimate means but I'm rebuilding my cash as I depleted that through building that dratted mountain of gold for mr burns right before buying that building to get the mayors wife. I think it's more fun to play for free, it's certainly more challenging.
  • NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Normally I wouldnt quote such a long post but considering the time it must have taken you to work this all out and type it all, fair play!! http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-GXP1DE6M_m4/Unuo6h9yVpI/AAAAAAAAAEo/tNEtW7ogVRE/s1600/HighFive.gif

Amen to THAT! What a LIST! (Copied it immediately ...) I can't believe we actually have the numbers. Awesome, AARONRTD. BTW, as you said, the reason it's so hard to be realistic about this is that -- in the case of many of these items -- many many people would purchase more than just one. I know I certainly have.

I've only been playing since October 2013, so there have been lots of things I've paid for that were originally prizes (Miss Springfield/motel, Tatum/Coliseum, Barney/bowling alley, and on and on) Also, when I see something I really like, I'm fortunate enough to have enough to get several if it is not a unique item. (Hence, I have a bunch of reindeer, only one of which was free) :)

Somewhere around $1,000 sounds right to me. For almost 2 years of solid, daily entertainment every single day, that's a darn good deal. We spend over $100 month on cable TV and once the program is over, it's over. This game, I have an interactive, permanent product to enjoy, manipulate, and create.

Y'know where I've saved a lot more than $1,000 by playing this game? Snack food. I've saved a fortune on snack food. Twinkies, especially. (Can't eat and tap at the same time. And Twinkie cr?me gets all over the screen.) :)
  • annettemarc wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

Amen to THAT! What a LIST! (Copied it immediately ...) I can't believe we actually have the numbers. Awesome, AARONRTD. BTW, as you said, the reason it's so hard to be realistic about this is that -- in the case of many of these items -- many many people would purchase more than just one. I know I certainly have.

I've only been playing since October 2013, so there have been lots of things I've paid for that were originally prizes (Miss Springfield/motel, Tatum/Coliseum, Barney/bowling alley, and on and on) Also, when I see something I really like, I'm fortunate enough to have enough to get several if it is not a unique item. (Hence, I have a bunch of reindeer, only one of which was free) :)

Somewhere around $1,000 sounds right to me. For almost 2 years of solid, daily entertainment every single day, that's a darn good deal. We spend over $100 month on cable TV and once the program is over, it's over. This game, I have an interactive, permanent product to enjoy, manipulate, and create.

Y'know where I've saved a lot more than $1,000 by playing this game? Snack food. I've saved a fortune on snack food. Twinkies, especially. (Can't eat and tap at the same time. And Twinkie cr?me gets all over the screen.) :)

Thanks, I haven't posted the complete list in over a year.
  • Well, I do have at least one of everything in TSTO... Hmm, I guess I may have spent a dozen boatloads so far, with the last boatload purchased a few days ago. :mrgreen:
  • The only thing that I don't have is Homers grave #10 due to a glitch that took him off task and I didn't have time to finish it again by like 30 minutes, and ea was no help.