Forum Discussion

ObiWanGregobi89
New Spectator
2 years ago

Item limit needs a serious boost

As someone who's been playing this game for the entire 10 years of its lifespan, I've amassed a lot of buildings, decorations, etc, and I have a very busy Springfield, one which I've spent a lot of time on to make it look and feel like a real Springfield. So it's frustrating when I was doing a bit of town redesigning to see the warning that I'm closing in on the item limit with 14,800 already placed in the town.

For a game this big, with so many things you can place in your town and so much land, it feels a bit ridiculous for the limit to be so low at just 15,000. I like adding in lots of trees, bushes, fences, walls, etc, to make the town look and feel better. I don't want to have to remove these aesthetics as I feel it would ruin my town to do so.

The limit should really, at the very least, be double what it is now as it just doesn't feel commensurate to how much you can have in your town to make it look and feel aesthetically pleasing.
  • Controversial position: I think the item limit is actually too high. High item limits will just allow people to place a ton of JEBs and other items just to drive up their XP and collect a lot of donuts. Small item limits avoid that and require careful design.
    Willy9292
    Rising Adventurer
    "robrunner69;c-2224784" wrote:
    Controversial position: I think the item limit is actually too high. High item limits will just allow people to place a ton of JEBs and other items just to drive up their XP and collect a lot of donuts. Small item limits avoid that and require careful design.

And what is it that makes you feel you get to say how others play and design, and whether they can go for a high multiplier. Many people play to get every item offered, some strive for huge multipler, some go for exquisite designs. None are wrong in my opinion, you are entitled to yours, I just don't agree with it.
  • Frustratingly hit the item limit again tonight….literally just before the Xmas event starts! ??

Hopefully EA gives us some headroom along with the event ?? ??