Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Just making sure I understand....

Yup, that's all correct. I don't know if anyone's made a list of building timers, but it seems likely.
  • Good information. Though I am confused. I read some where that I need to leave things to tapped for neighbors. I used to tap everything in my town to reset clocks, so as much funds were received daily.
  • furrykiltman wrote:
    I'm confused. I read some where that I need to leave things to tapped for neighbors.

Essentially, yes. A neighbor cannot tap a building that isn't ready to collect. (This thread is more about tapping than being tapped, but I'm not sure what confused you.)
  • neuroheart wrote:
    furrykiltman wrote:
    I'm confused. I read some where that I need to leave things to tapped for neighbors.

Essentially, yes. A neighbor cannot tap a building that isn't ready to collect. (This thread is more about tapping than being tapped, but I'm not sure what confused you.)

I see myself tapping my neighbors for a long time, I enjoy seeing the other SFs. Though don't understand the "house farms" with buildings crammed on top of each other, thought the idea was to design SF as a town either your way or close to the real one.

Confused by mentioning shorting clocks. Maybe not so much confused as disappointed. I don't have the bank of some who has been playing for years, so now loose out on game cash because I can't clear my town entirely.
  • furrykiltman wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    furrykiltman wrote:

I see myself tapping my neighbors for a long time, I enjoy seeing the other SFs. Though don't understand the "house farms" with buildings crammed on top of each other, thought the idea was to design SF as a town either your way or close to the real one.

Confused by mentioning shorting clocks. Maybe not so much confused as disappointed. I don't have the bank of some who has been playing for years, so now loose out on game cash because I can't clear my town entirely.

Focus on sending EVERY character you have on tasks that fit YOUR schedule. Also if you want more money, you might want to invest in cheap donut items with bigger percentage increases. There are some REALLY nice lower priced items with a 2.25% increase, along with a TON of 2.00 increase that REALLY help out in the long run. Also Premium characters pay almost DOUBLE for tasks, so if you want to spend some donuts it can help you out with the in-game cash aspect.

As a player from day 1 and owning pretty much every premium item (some of them I have multiples of like cop cars, 4 whales, etc) I am earning around a million dollars a day when I send all my characters on 24 hour tasks. After buying the sit-n-spin I was down to 56 million but by ONLY collecting handshakes over the past however many days since it was released I have built it back up to almost 60 million. Again, you have to take into consideration that my multiplier is somewhere like 520% making $1000 paying jobs of premium characters to $6200. Now I have every premium character and all premium skins for regular characters, so say there are 40 premium characters on task every day that is 248,000 JUST on the premium characters per day.

Yes, I have spent too much monies.....
  • hondab16tune wrote:
    furrykiltman wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    furrykiltman wrote:

Focus on sending EVERY character you have on tasks that fit YOUR schedule. Also if you want more money, you might want to invest in cheap donut items with bigger percentage increases. There are some REALLY nice lower priced items with a 2.25% increase, along with a TON of 2.00 increase that REALLY help out in the long run. Also Premium characters pay almost DOUBLE for tasks, so if you want to spend some donuts it can help you out with the in-game cash aspect.

As a player from day 1 and owning pretty much every premium item (some of them I have multiples of like cop cars, 4 whales, etc) I am earning around a million dollars a day when I send all my characters on 24 hour tasks. After buying the sit-n-spin I was down to 56 million but by ONLY collecting handshakes over the past however many days since it was released I have built it back up to almost 60 million. Again, you have to take into consideration that my multiplier is somewhere like 520% making $1000 paying jobs of premium characters to $6200. Now I have every premium character and all premium skins for regular characters, so say there are 40 premium characters on task every day that is 248,000 JUST on the premium characters per day.

Yes, I have spent too much monies.....

Thanx for the suggestion, though "been there...don't even want think about what I spent". I get 166.10%, which adds up for all cash & xp. I was unaware for months that something needed to be left for neighbors.
  • I'm going to be controversial here, about tapping buildings that have long timers. 16+ hour buildings - like (off the top of my head) the Library, Burns Manor, Krabappel Apartments, etc.

Tapping on those in your neighbor's towns may not help them that much.

For instance - take my town. Right now, in a lull between things to do, I'm only playing once per day. So really, does it matter that my 24-hour buildings get tapped by a neighbor so they start generating a few hours early? Hardly, since I'm only going to collect it once a day anyway.

Now I don't know if this is right or not, but what if you tapped on a Purple House more than 3 hours ago, and I collect the handshake, does the Purple House immediately become available to collect a second time? I call that a greater benefit, especially with a whole bunch of them.
  • EldarOfSuburbia wrote:
    I'm going to be controversial here, about tapping buildings that have long timers. 16+ hour buildings - like (off the top of my head) the Library, Burns Manor, Krabappel Apartments, etc.

Tapping on those in your neighbor's towns may not help them that much.

For instance - take my town. Right now, in a lull between things to do, I'm only playing once per day. So really, does it matter that my 24-hour buildings get tapped by a neighbor so they start generating a few hours early? Hardly, since I'm only going to collect it once a day anyway.

Now I don't know if this is right or not, but what if you tapped on a Purple House more than 3 hours ago, and I collect the handshake, does the Purple House immediately become available to collect a second time? I call that a greater benefit, especially with a whole bunch of them.

Woah, woah, steady on, you're dismantling our whole economic system, here! :wink: :lol: