Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Keeps crashing last couple days

More Apple devices than should be allowed, also worked in tech support for Apple for awhile.. I know my way around Apple products, even if my true alliance is to Andriod! (Death to the Crackberries!)

I use to have this problem, until I found a few things that helped..

Clean out your task manager by double clicking your home button and sliding all the apps up until they 'disapear' then shut your device fully off (hold sleep button until prompted to slide your finger across the screen) and let it sit off for a full minute. As a general rule, I clean my task manager out at least 4/5 times a day, and do a full shutdown at least once a day. Not only good for apps, but makes the device last longer and function better all over.

Clear out your browsers' Cache. For default Safari, go Settings>Safari>Clear Cookies and Data. This will clean out a lot of backlog that can cause connection problems in general. But it does delete saved passwords, web history and a few minor things. It does not delete your bookmarks or vault. I do this weekly, or after extensive browsing sessions. If you have other broweser's like Chrome, it has the cache options too, just via the app it's self.

Force close the app. Delete it and re-add it.

If you have a lot of house farm or a really big and detailed town, it does tend to cause too much data backlog and crash the app a lot.

Refresh your network connection if you have not done so in a while.. (Go into Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings) I recommend doing this every 6 months or when your connection gets really, really bad. Note however, that this WILL remove all of your known Wifi, Tethering and Bluetooth networks. But you can simply re-add them and put in thier passwords without issue. This also has the added bonus of helping cell signal and iMessage connection on applicable devices!

Make sure your App and iOS are up to date!
App can be checked by hitting the App Store and checking the updates section.
iOS version.. Settings>General>Updates.

If you still have issues and it is App-specific, and the device otherwise is fine, you might need to escalate to EA.