Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Lego episode

Welcome to the forum :wink:

I think the Blocko store was put into the Easter event as a sort of tie in, without having to design an update/quest line around it. What else does the Blocko store have to do with Easter??
  • DesmondM69 wrote:
    I think the fact that included the Blocko Store ties it in. but i would have also liked more, like maybe a blocko brick wall or blocko themed ride for Krustyland.

Yeah, a blocko brick wall would have been awesome. :thumbup:
  • The Blocko store doesn't count, due to the fact that there will be people who won't get it. I was hoping for a tie-in that offered the Simpson family in Lego form.
  • They should give us Lego/Blocko statues of the characters a la the snowmen and topiaries.

They should also give us 100 free donuts to appease us for this Easter event, but let me know if that ever happens. :mrgreen:
  • I think EA didn't want to pay the licensing fees to Lego for the Lego intellectual property. So we got a generic "Blocko" store not specifically tied in to this Sunday's episode, so Lego couldn't claim in a court of law that EA violated Lego copyright or trademark...
  • XBL-Heretic wrote:
    I think EA didn't want to pay the licensing fees to Lego for the Lego intellectual property. So we got a generic "Blocko" store not specifically tied in to this Sunday's episode, so Lego couldn't claim in a court of law that EA violated Lego copyright or trademark...

Actually, I have the sense that it's the other way around. I can't recall where I saw the details about the negotiations, but there's one i just found that mentions the salient point -- where it says that Lego paid for promotional consideration. Not the other way around. It makes sense -- Lego has a HUGE incentive. Talk about product placement, and reaching their target audience. They're gonna make a fortune off the Lego sets, and adding their product images to this game is just one loooong advertisement.

Lego knows a good thing when they see it. The Simpsons team is savvy. I bet the Simpson folks hold the reins in this case. I'd be surprised NOT to see Lego pushing for a link to this game.

I don't think we can post links to external websites ... Google Simpsons Lego and one of the top items is titled "How the Simpsons Lego episode came to be" ... From Huffington Post.