Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Leveling Up 3D Printer vs. Crafting

Anything you craft (at least until you have completed the demos, I think?) counts toward your upgrade total.

So 40 spent on holo-flowers is also 40 towards your upgrade. It is almost always better to craft.
  • Now that I am aware the crafting items counts towards the 3D printer leveling up, I assume at least until the Future Bucks are used after you fulfill the demos, I will be crafting to level up.
  • I found out the hard way that I would only get Future Bucks (purple money) after I've upgraded the first time. I missed out on so many Future Bucks...
  • Samaranth01 wrote:
    johncolombo wrote:
    LPLeach wrote:
    Looks like the only reason to directly level up the printer is when you don't want to craft any more tulips and street signs.

I wonder which is better. I'm trying to craft one of everything till I have to upgrade. Didn't even occur to me to buy repeats to level up. Thats sounds like a better plan. And these robot parts are not easy to come by. I'm hoping something like a building starts generating them or to get a bunch in the daily challenge.

My daily challenge today paid 100 parts, so they're out there.

TY
  • chippers29775 wrote:
    I found out the hard way that I would only get Future Bucks (purple money) after I've upgraded the first time. I missed out on so many Future Bucks...

how do you mean
  • My impression is they implemented improvements to the crafting system from the previous event that had a crafting level up aspect to it. In that event you have to level up or craft and it was never clear if you would have enough to do both until the very end. It was very nerve racking for a lot of people. Now crafting the items contributes to leveling up. I assume equally per robot part. So that we only need to worry about how many of each item we can craft that we want and craft them. Which leaves us with are all the crafting items available for the whole event or do we have certain ones for each act and are removed at the end of the act?