Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Lucius sweet

gdelmonico wrote:
I wasn't able to get Lucius sweet in act 1. Is it worth it to use 180 donuts to go back and get him?

Thanks

He wouldn't be worth it at half that, in my opinion.
  • That's a really tough call. 180 donuts for a character is a lot. However, if you like the character, and think you might regret not getting him, it may be worth it. His visual tasks are okay, in my opinion, but they aren't spectacular.

I suppose it is possible that he will be re-released at some point and may cost less donuts. That being said - there is no guarentee that will actually happen. If you really want him it might be best to get him now just in case.

EDIT: typo
  • I would wait for it to be offered again. If they don't, it's no big deal. One of his two visual tasks requires Drederick Tatum (a very expensive character) and overlaps the other visual tasks at the Town Hall (if they moved this press conference to the prison where it belongs, it might be better). It is also glitched:

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsonstappedout/images/b/bc/Promote_Fight_Glitch.png
  • gdelmonico wrote:
    I wasn't able to get Lucius sweet in act 1. Is it worth it to use 180 donuts to go back and get him?

Thanks

The character doesn't really have much purpose after the quest line is completed. EA could also surprise us and make Lucius useful in a future event, but as of now, Lucius is just another character after the Vegas event is finished. If you were on the last prize while act 1 was ending, you could have gotten him for less than 180 donuts, depending on how many red chips you had. After the next act starts, you will have to pay full price.
  • Only if the character is a real stand-out for you in some way.

It's a single character which comes without a building/decoration and he costs 180 donuts. Even if it came as a character/building combination it would still be a pricy purchase.

I echo the general consensus in the thread. Don't buy him and hope they offer him in the (near) future at a discount.
  • 1) I'd pass. 180 donuts is a lot for a freemium character. By freemium, meaning he earns the same money/xp as like normal level characters.

2) It's pretty likely he will be offered again, which will be closer to half the price, or same price but with a building.

3) When he is offered again, he will earn premium rates, justifying the purchase.

Most event characters return. Shauna, Brandine, Sherry Bobbins, Hugs Bunny, Kang, Kodos, etc all have returned at some point. So it may be a future event, could be issued as a level character (highly unlikely - only happened with Fat Tony), but the safe bet is that he will return. Only Kumiko and maybe a few others are on the super limited release where only certain people have them.
  • He's the only prize I missed out on in this event...but not spending donuts on him. I would pass
  • RexBanner00 wrote:
    Personally I'd say no. As a freemium player I don't think he's worth it. If you're struggling to finish act 3 and don't look like getting Gabbo I'd go for Gabbo over Lucius.

Lol yeah, I'm digging the conceit of their event storyline. Fairly funny. :D