Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Marge Tetherball (FP Prize)

I received this a few hours ago. This is undoubtedly my least favorite FP so far, perhaps even my least favorite item in the game. Well, top 5 least favs in the game. Not sure what the thought process was by the developers to put this out. Oh well. Free stuff!
  • TheThrashMan wrote:
    monicaL9 wrote:
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    Man, this thing is hideous. Can't find a good spot for it yet... I just plopped it down, but I'm seriously considering boxing it.

I put mine in my prison yard. I figure it's the closest thing to a "woman" that they will get for a while.

Ha! Well played! I have mine gathering dust on SP.

suetopia wrote:
    monicaL9 wrote:

I put mine in my prison yard. I figure it's the closest thing to a "woman" that they will get for a while.

Haha! That's awesome!

Lol thanks! I try :D
  • I like to model my town as close to the show as i can.

Since this was last seen in their front yard, but hasn't been seen there recently...
    ...im putting it in Flanders's back yard, where Homer would have probably tossed it the next time he mowed!

I enjoy the challenge to fit this unique FREE PRIZE into my town with some level of creativity.

When Happy Days aired the episode with the shark jump, it was after years of success. But ratings had ALREADY dropped. It wasn't the cause of it. This game is NOWHERE NEAR JUMPING SHARKS. Stop the melodrama.
    It seems counter productive to keep playing this game if I were just going to whine about every little thing they offer. I'd hope to be self aware enough to QUIT PLAYING if that ever happened.

• 4junk3000 wrote:
    I like to model my town as close to the show as i can.

Since this was last seen in their front yard, but hasn't been seen there recently...
    ...im putting it in Flanders's back yard, where Homer would have probably tossed it the next time he mowed!

I enjoy the challenge to fit this unique FREE PRIZE into my town with some level of creativity.

When Happy Days aired the episode with the shark jump, it was after years of success. But ratings had ALREADY dropped. It wasn't the cause of it. This game is NOWHERE NEAR JUMPING SHARKS. Stop the melodrama.
    It seems counter productive to keep playing this game if I were just going to whine about every little thing they offer. I'd hope to be self aware enough to QUIT PLAYING if that ever happened.

People now take ANY dip in quality as Jumping the Shark. Take the show itself. It's not as good as it once was, so they say it's jumped the shark. Even at it's current state (and it's been getting a LOT better as of last season, to me), it's still better than much of the TV shows out there.

With the game, it's different. I've never seen so much complaining about a game as much as in its official forum, TSTO and all others. People take everything as a horrible drop, and complain and say the game is terrible. These are often players that have been playing for a long long time, and expect everything to come to be the best, or the game is going downhill. The Marge tetherball isn't a great prize, but if you know the reference, I think it's awesome they picked something like this out of over 500 episodes to give us. Yeah, it's a challenge to find a place for it, but take the challenge and run with it.

I see so many people hating this event because it's not like all the others. That's THE reason to like it, it's different and not giving you the same thing yet again. Of course, official game forums show that this isn't how it works, because in all actuality, it's impossible to make everyone happy. Change something, and it should have stayed the same. Something stays the same, and it should have been changed.

And that... will never change. :)
  • I got Marge Tetherball last night. It's larger/taller than I expected. It look weird by my schools, so I put it next to the courthouse, right next to Justice is Blind statue
  • It's so ugly I've kept in inventory.

Can it be put back into inventory after being placed in Springfield, or is it like a few items like the castles, where you get a message, "Sorry hoarder. can't store that."?