Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Maybe an extra round of neighbor visits at start of Phase 3

Pinpal00 wrote:
On the first day of phases one and two, I was able to do an extra round of neighbor visits for probes and ray guns. That's 60 visits instead of the normal 30. I know at least a couple other people reported the same thing. On the second day of both phases, things were back to normal.

Of course, I have no idea if the glitch will be fixed with the coming update. However, it might be useful to limit yourself to 30 visits today and 30 visits when you get the update. Then, check back later to see if you're able to get more protein.

Or don't do visits today so that when phase 3 starts you have neighbors that are all waiting for friend visits.
  • Pinpal00 wrote:
    On the first day of phases one and two, I was able to do an extra round of neighbor visits for probes and ray guns. That's 60 visits instead of the normal 30. I know at least a couple other people reported the same thing. On the second day of both phases, things were back to normal.

Of course, I have no idea if the glitch will be fixed with the coming update. However, it might be useful to limit yourself to 30 visits today and 30 visits when you get the update. Then, check back later to see if you're able to get more protein.

I think it's only useful if you are going to be up when it hits
  • It might be because of how the daily limit is set. You can get 90 guns in 24 hours, but if the update hits before the 24h threshold you can still collect 90 dna from the previous round, and then you can start the new daily one with another 90.
  • fuffazzoni wrote:
    It might be because of how the daily limit is set. You can get 90 guns in 24 hours, but if the update hits before the 24h threshold you can still collect 90 dna from the previous round, and then you can start the new daily one with another 90.

My guess is it works that way, but it's only a guess.

MaxxSpider wrote:

Or don't do visits today so that when phase 3 starts you have neighbors that are all waiting for friend visits.

That might work, or it might be that when the 24 hours resets it triggers the second round. If you want to skip neighbors today, perhaps it's a good idea to visit one so the timer can reset tomorrow. I don't know. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up if they want the extra 90 protein.
  • Do I have this right ...

Say I have 60 friends. My round of visits is scheduled in about 3 hours (about 6 hours from the changeover to phase three.). I visit 30 of them this evening, receiving 90 rayguns, and then stop. Are you saying that then, in the morning, when I continue my rounds to my remaining 30 neighbors, I will receive 90 protein strands instead of cash & XP?

Cuz I'd love to reset my visit times to the AM. It crept forward over the past weeks to the evening.
  • annettemarc wrote:
    Do I have this right ...

Say I have 60 friends. My round of visits is scheduled in about 3 hours (about 6 hours from the changeover to phase three.). I visit 30 of them this evening, receiving 90 rayguns, and then stop. Are you saying that then, in the morning, when I continue my rounds to my remaining 30 neighbors, I will receive 90 protein strands instead of cash & XP?

Cuz I'd love to reset my visit times to the AM. It crept forward over the past weeks to the evening.

That's how it worked for me the last two phases with one addition: you would be able to visit your neighbors a second time tomorrow for another 90 protein. Last time, the second round occurred when I ordinarily visit my neighbors. That could be a coincidence, or it could be that the timer triggers the second round. I'll add that, if you do the second round at night, that time will continue to be when you'd visit your neighbors. IOW, you'd have to skip the second round to reset to the AM. Of course, you would have already gotten protein from the first round.

Again, it could be EA fixes the glitch. I would have rather waited to confirm all this tomorrow, but I figured the information would then be too late to be of much use.