Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Need More Monorail Stations

Now that my monorail loops all over the map, I'm finding that I'd like put more stations on it. So I'd like to either be able to buy duplicates or new ones and not as premium items. Duplicates should be regular game cash items. Guess new ones would cost doughnuts but if possible, rather not.
  • I could use a few new stations myself. I'm holding over 5,000 track pieces in storage right now plus about 400 miles of operating track with all existing stations. Laying out (and redesigning) new monorail pieces is the most fun I get from TSTO. How 'bout it EA? Surely Mr. Burns can afford to fork over the $ to build his own private monorail stop at the very least.
  • "iain51269522;c-2085067" wrote:
    You do it like this.

Nice.
    Now you see this is what I'm on about when I say "creative differences", I was thinking how to get rail behind the building and now I have more ideas.
    Like making that design a bit bigger and extensive, bigger stations mean more people which mean more steps, need duplicates.
    I have copied the picture and liked the post of course.
    But, that's the normal station so there are a few more pieces you can do that with, cannot do it with Mall-o-Rail though without robbing other bits. Need extra add ons.
  • "iain51269522;c-2085140" wrote:
    Always found the mall-o-rail add ons a bit of a nightmare large parts that don't create anything like a useable platform.

Springfield central parts were always much more functional which means you can be a bit more creative.

You can say that again.
    I was playing around with my mock up and seeing how good I could make it, and I had to use pieces from the other two stations, especially Central parts as they are more user friendly.

Although, I could have fun with the Mall-o-Rail, if I had duplicates, even the main station, though not necessarily with the additional train as one of my ideas had them side by side.

A large problem I noticed.
    I found the steps could only go in two orientations and they were not handed.
    But the tall 4x4 sections can go through 360' degrees.
    Very confusing!!!
    Surely it should be the other way round???

What I would like to see:
    The steps able to rotate through 360' degrees.
    The steps are handed, so 4 positions for each of the 2 ways they go.
    And, a straight flight with a flat area in the middle, no different to the current steps but straightened out.
    And, everything IGC of course.
  • When the Monorail event was going on, there was a bug, and it gave me about 4 duplicate stations which I'm now using, although I have all my stations detached. Too much animation and I can't play the game.
  • "Gary_A_D;c-2085241" wrote:
    When the Monorail event was going on, there was a bug, and it gave me about 4 duplicate stations which I'm now using, although I have all my stations detached. Too much animation and I can't play the game.

Yeah, I wouldn't keep them running either, it's the same reason I stored Krustyland rides and I&SL rides as well.
    But at least you can remove bits of track so it is still there and looks good even if it doesn't run.

And thinking about it, from my perspective anyway, it would be better if all station parts rotated through 360', not just the 4x4 tall sections.
  • "sjsebayacc131;c-2086911" wrote:
    How many monorail stations are there? I have 3-4 out a couple more in storage.

From what I have seen is six.
    I got the normal one, Mall-o-Rail and Tetnus Terminal from the Railyard, and I have seen Magic, krusty Drive Thru and North Pole in the YMB.

I have been playing around with the pieces and I only have 2 of the little 2x2 ones for each station, but looking at some pictures of other people's stations they seem to have more??? Confused.com???