Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Next Community Prize: 20 Billion Goo

Looks like we got lucky for the Ghost Bomb.. Now we have to get 7 Billion more Goo for the Frog Prince.

Get tapping? :P
  • 20 billion thats bit harsh a 7 billion jump!!! best get tapping!!!

Add me reo19uk552
  • SirCraigius wrote:
    20 billion seems like a rather high jump. And does this mean the King Homer building will be what .... 30 billion?!

Could be..we don't know until we get to 20bil goo.
  • daftoldbird wrote:
    Where's the menu gone for what's next tho?

Once you tap on the icon for the individual prizes, there is an icon in the bottom right that switches it to the community one.
  • If the skyscraper is 25 billion, at the current collection rate we should finish around Oct 28-29.

If it's 30 billion, we should finish around Nov 2-3.

If it's 35 billion, we won't finish until Nov 7, the last day of the event.

If it's anything beyond 35 billion, we'll probably have to shell out donuts for the skyscraper.

Something tells me it'll be either 30 or 35 billion needed for the skyscraper, since that'll push the event to within a few days of events end, or possibly the absolute last day (if it's 35 billion).

Course the ghost bombs being unlocked might speed up the collection rate a bit so who knows? It could even be 40 billion.
  • aljimo wrote:
    Course the ghost bombs being unlocked might speed up the collection rate a bit so who knows? It could even be 40 billion.

Really? OK, they do speed up collection, but they don't collect more. Either you get all 12, 15, 20, whatever in one shot, or you take 45 seconds to tap/vacuum them up. Either way, they all get collected. Does anyone not tap/vacuum ghosts floating around?

How small is your town that it only takes 45 seconds? Once you've purchased all land expansions it's a different story. Even using the vacuum still takes a good 3-5 minutes, given the size of my town.

I've also purchased one of everything in the game, donuts/limited time/etc, so not sure if it's somehow tied to that or what, but my town generates a lot of ghosts. It's much faster and easier to set off one bomb in a second or two than to spend 3-5 minutes tapping or vacuuming. My only gripe with the bombs is they should de-haunt buildings as well.

Also, on a community basis they almost certainly collect more than tapping or vacuuming does, especially relating to casual players who may not bother tapping all ghosts, or even a majority, in their town. By setting off the bomb, it ensures they'll get every one in their town at least 5 times.

So do everyone a favor and tone down the snark.
  • I don't understand the post about 20 million being a "big jump" to the next prize. Prize #1 = 5 billion, Prize #2 = 10 billion, Prize #3 = 13 billion, Prize #4 = 20 billion. Did the forget that from #2 to #3 it was only 3 billion. Also, I saw a picture of a hacked device that had all the prizes and the community meter was maxed out at 25 billion. That picture was a week or so and I'm sure EA can change the end total whenever they want.
  • Direwolf, my thought exactly. Interesting how some people apply mathematics around here.
  • daftoldbird wrote:
    Where's the menu gone for what's next tho?

click the trophy and the little group next to the individual prizes, homer has his arms up, and theres a little group icon next to him.