Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Next Seaonal Offering

Ugh, no thanks, there's enough of that nonsense in the real world.

No, the next seasonal update will be a Christmas one. Far more potential for extras and themes and whatnot.

While we're here, what are everyone's theories about what will happen at the end of October? I know it will no longer be possible to buy or achieve any of the Halloween tasks, characters or buildings, but I assume that we get to keep whatever ones we've already acquired? I notice that people still have that sports car which was a limited-time offer but it's no longer available for me to get, so I reckon it will work out much the same.

I'll miss egging and papering everyone else's towns though.
  • sonny1618 wrote:
    Thanksgiving isn't universal enough. It means nothing outside of the US (I'm in the UK for instance).

Same with Halloween. Maybe an Autumn update merged with Thanksgiving? And maybe exclusive for the US, Ralph for the Election that we all hate. Maybe the other regions could have a similar way..
  • SlimHaydy1998 wrote:
    So, if there is a Christmas theme, I reckon a character should be that cheapie guy, forgot his name, in a Santa outfit and one of those little evil care bear things from another episode as a character liked krusty doll and possibly a little bit for New Years. I don't know, just an idea

Do you mean Gil in his Santa outfit? Also for the Christmas update, I'd like to see a shopping mall. So many quests can be done with that. And I second santas little helper. You could get him at the track, just like the episode.
  • My real life friend Curt ( ToasTmebabe ) has a theory that on October 31st or November 1st, the black hole will just suck all the Halloween stuff into it forever. :( So... if this theory proves to be true, it will be a sad day for those superfan Springfieldians that bought lots of donuts, dollars, premiums, etc. But maybe they will just let us all store the stuff away for 364 days until next Halloween. :P

I personally haven't bought anything with actual money; not to boast or anything, I just don't have the money to spare at the moment. To me it makes sense that premiums are so pricey so EA can get some exclusive funds to make this particular game better. Kinda like donating...but to science.

On an alternative note, I had a strange dream a few nights back where I was visiting the Other Springfield and there was this Trading Post. When selected it would bring up a menu allowing you (1) to send a single item to a fellow player, and (2) purchase limited time premiums. It could be useful to someone. Not me. Cause its probably just a bad idea anyway.

Well...I guess that's all I have to say about that.

Happy Gaming to all!
  • can't wait to see what they will do if the have a christmas update though i think a tiny thanksgiving bit will happen before it and they will do a tiny bit alsowhen the 4th of July comes around (George Bush sr anyone) :D