Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Night option?

TransPolute wrote:
How would you guys feel about a night option? I'm currently making my 'Vegas strips' but the lights don't look as coola as I would have hoped. Defo would under a night filter though.

What do you think?

This has already been discussed many times. Lots of people want it.
  • geekbyknight wrote:
    Bad idea. It'd require doubles of EVERY item in the game.

I'm not so sure. I remember when I was a teenager Habbo Hotel had a kind of moodlight thing that completely changed the light without needing double items... at least I dont think?
  • TransPolute wrote:
    geekbyknight wrote:

I'm not so sure. I remember when I was a teenager Habbo Hotel had a kind of moodlight thing that completely changed the light without needing double items... at least I dont think?

To do night mode, you'd need day and might versions of every object in your Springfield. That'd double the size of the game, which is already pretty big as it is
  • ForumNerds wrote:
    How did they work it when they had things so gloomy a few Halloweens ago? The whole town was gloomy and dark looking. To achieve that look were those duplicate images of all the buildings?

I know that's not the same as "night mode" ... I'm just curious as to how they did that.

It looked like some sort of mask, I'm not sure they'd have duped the buildings as their lighting didn't change. I guess for a true night mode people would want the buildings lit up, which I guess is why people are saying you'd need duplicate images :)
  • geekbyknight wrote:
    TransPolute wrote:
    geekbyknight wrote:

To do night mode, you'd need day and might versions of every object in your Springfield. That'd double the size of the game, which is already pretty big as it is

There are already a double version for each item (normal and winter), so it does not seem that big deal...
  • TransPolute wrote:
    My bad, kind of new here :oops:

No worries, fellow tapper! The fact you're new and thought of it too means it's a feature a broad range of players would like in the game :) Have fun!
  • lucajick wrote:
    geekbyknight wrote:
    TransPolute wrote:
    geekbyknight wrote:

There are already a double version for each item (normal and winter), so it does not seem that big deal...

WE don't have them both downloaded to our devices at the same time. That's the problem. If they were to institute a night mode, presumably people would want to be able to switch it on or off. That means you would have to have both versions in your game. What the others are saying is that this would double the size of the game, because essentially you would have two complete versions of TSTO on your device at the same time.