Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Non hacked Vs Hacked

It does seem many people who have jailbroken phones just throw every item where ever they want and don't bother making a town. I agree, this is a game to play slowly to build your town.
  • durarararara wrote:
    cl891 wrote:
    Ankedankie wrote:
    jasonicus321 wrote:
    I never understand why the players with hacked towns add friends in the first place.

Because that's one of the requirements of the whacking day update.

You can get every single item without friends if you've a hacked device. Especially if you have about 40 snake trunks. Unless you're on about something else?

They just want to show off their hacked towns.
    maybe but that doesn't impress me. It's the creativity that I'm blown away by. I'd much rather look at a town with no perms but built 3d and packed with well placed decorations than a town that is over filled with prems!.......I'm abit of a hipacrit I have most ov the prems missing something's tho :)
    BGringo
    New Spectator
    ChuckElston wrote:
    I will admit during my last "cleansing", I removed several friends who were either using hacked games, or had way too much money to waste.

Honestly, either way it's just not fun to look at, or interact with.

Nail on the head

The only thing that I appreciated about the hacked towns was the lack of care w/ leaving eggs during Whacking Day. I figured they're going to hack their way to everything, so eff it. I'll probably be cleaning some house after this all dies down to look to replenish my friends list w/ proper towns.
  • :? I must be the most unobservant person on this forum because I've never taken much notice of a 'hacked' town and a 'non-hacked' town.

I have some across some towns where I'd stop and thought "Jebus, how much have you spent" (like multiples of everything, cars etc) then again, perhaps it was a hack? :!:

Don't get me wrong at times I've wished for a jail broken phone, especially while trying to save for the remaining of the land but then I realised I'd ruin the game for myself. 8) I'd rather have slow progress and 'hacked' progress.
  • The thing with hackers is that they dont have to think about how to spend their donuts. They are like ohh i'll get 20 of these and 50 of these etc.
  • Question? What if there was an android user who had already spent about say 220 bucks on this game. Feel robbed that tapped out was a year late to the android platform. Meaning we missed out on all that content that wasn't released to them. And to get that content they had to resort to a hack to get just the content they missed out on so that their town could be complete. Is that considered wrong?
  • I removed all my friends. Looking for towns that are well decorated and pretty that i can get inspiration from (my town is in my sig if anyone wants to look at it and add me)

idrc if they are hacked or not, as long as they look nice.

I have seen some nice hacked towns, though. And I've seen a lot of absolutely garbage legit towns. Some people just cant design.

Also, sometimes a town looks messy during a reorg. I know mine did. I had every building out in one corner while I did my town.
  • Having a huge group of patrol cars for a bonus farm is just dumb.
    The patrol car is 5x3, but the Channel 6 news van is only 3x2.
    Even better, the limited-edition snake speakers from the Whacking Day event are only 2x2 and give +2.5% instead of +2%.
    The snake speakers are 4.7x as space efficient as patrol cars.
  • CostcoLawGrad wrote:
    Having a huge group of patrol cars for a bonus farm is just dumb.
    The patrol car is 5X3, but the Channel 6 news van is only 2X4.
    Even better, the limited-edition snake speakers from the Whacking Day event are only 2X2 and give 2.5% instead of 2%.
    The snake speakers are 4.7x as space efficient as patrol cars.

I have 18 cop cars, 13 burns limos, 21 limos, 4 news vans and 4 ambulances. (basically a boatload of donuts in vehicles)

I think it makes my town look lived in. I replace parking spaces with cars and it looks like the building is being used and has customers.

I prefer them to the snake speakers which are ugly imo and also more expensive.