Forum Discussion

12 years ago

(O.T.) Sideshow Bob in Eurovision 2013

Graham Norton was hilarious. The sideshow Bob joke was good. I switched from the Dutch channel to the BBC for his commentary. I should just watch Eurovision on BBC every year.

And we came in 9th! Oh yeah!!!! :D

Most of the songs were hilariously awful as every year though.
  • RogersmithAD wrote:
    Graham Norton was hilarious. The sideshow Bob joke was good. I switched from the Dutch channel to the BBC for his commentary. I should just watch Eurovision on BBC every year.

And we came in 9th! Oh yeah!!!! :D

Most of the songs were hilariously awful as every year though.

Yep I watched the whole thing online on BBC 1. It was hilarious! At first I thought that the caterpillar was talking... and I was wow they sure invested too much on this production.... and the accent! Then you realise that something is off...

Awful songs great presentation and even greater commentary!
  • I was gona post at the time but I didn't fugue many ppl would be watching lol funny stuff tho
  • Lol, the Eurovision is a guilty pleasure of mine. I absolutely hate talent contest, but I love the Eurovision, mainly because this bunch know the dream is over at this point, and wont go on taunting you years after when you only told them they were 'ok'! It's also a really funny show, and the commentary makes up for the terrible singing, But Bonnie Tyler rocks.
  • jaffaface wrote:
    Lol, the Eurovision is a guilty pleasure of mine. I absolutely hate talent contest, but I love the Eurovision, mainly because this bunch know the dream is over at this point, and wont go on taunting you years after when you only told them they were 'ok'! It's also a really funny show, and the commentary makes up for the terrible singing, But Bonnie Tyler rocks.
    I only watch it for the scores then slag of all he country's that don't support us.....we all no it's not about the singing lol
  • Skyrim-mrp wrote:
    jaffaface wrote:
    Lol, the Eurovision is a guilty pleasure of mine. I absolutely hate talent contest, but I love the Eurovision, mainly because this bunch know the dream is over at this point, and wont go on taunting you years after when you only told them they were 'ok'! It's also a really funny show, and the commentary makes up for the terrible singing, But Bonnie Tyler rocks.
    I only watch it for the scores then slag of all he country's that don't support us.....we all no it's not about the singing lol

Who can forget the plea of your presenter to Ireland? "Mickey! Mickey!!!!!" or something like that....
  • jaffaface wrote:

Mine too... that and chocolate... As a foreigner in Sweden I've never seen the Swedish as excited as when Eurovision is on... Not to mention that the night of the final resembles the Christmas Eve around here... :roll:
  • AwesomeMallis wrote:
    mcduck90 wrote:

Mine too... that and chocolate... As a foreigner in Sweden I've never seen the Swedish as excited as when Eurovision is on... Not to mention that the night of the final resembles the Christmas Eve around here... :roll:

Lol I've heard about this statement before and I don't agree. From all the ppl I'm around its a 50/50 here. Atleast 50% couldn't care less about it. Especially since there was Hockey yesterday too. But I watched the Eurovision tho (second year in a row now) :) it was fun.

Perhaps it applies mostly to the south then. It's hilarious. Some shops even stayed open until 9 due to the Eurovision. Here everything closes at 6 so that was weird.... Moreover the people here are distant and genially happy only when they drink. :?