Forum Discussion

8 years ago

paying real $ for Shellbyville items lolwat

Is this a joke? You can't get the Shelbyville items without paying real money? That has to be their biggest scam yet for this game....not to mention why would I place Shelbyville items in Springfield when they don't belong there?????
  • "Deadshot_DCU;1525946" wrote:
    I think they should've given you all 5 items with the Boatload. Kinda of bogus to make you buy 5 different bundles

+1000. I completely agree with this.
  • So trading real money for donuts to spend on digital claptrap is okay, but the idea of directly spending real money on digital claptrap is an issue?

Reality check, spending non trivial amounts of money on an online game (in any capacity) is a dumb idea.
  • You can simply get the items over time as each of the items remain until you purchase the different segments of donuts.
  • "adruralo52;1526764" wrote:
    You can simply get the items over time as each of the items remain until you purchase the different segments of donuts.

Yes, but some people are saying things like "I've already spent $xxxx on this game and don't like being 'forced' to buy a boatload of donuts". Or even "I've never supported this game by buying anything and have farmed one million donuts, so I don't like being 'forced' to buy a boatload of donuts." Etc.

I still think EA should release an invisible character or NPC just to see how many buy it and to see how many argue about it.
  • I've come forward on this issue in a general sense already, in a personal sense, I wasn't in need of donuts when I purchased the Jedediah, Shelbyville and RV w/lemon tree bundles. I am a completist, but I have no immediate intention to purchase the two larger bundles. I don't need the donuts, it's a lot of money and I am relatively indifferent as to whether this type of promotion succeeds. I tend to agree with spritals148. I may buy the two remaining bundles in the future (when and if I need more donuts), but I'm willing to be the completist guy that does not have the impound lot or the Shelbyville Manhattan statue. Everybody knows what it takes to earn/get those items. I'm willing to maintain that "hole" in my Springfield and I'm perfectly fine with being known for not making that purchase to retain my completist status. I'm completist for me, these items are "a bridge too far" for me in present circumstances.