Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Phineas O Butterfat

trojanchick wrote:
Just noticed that the 8 hour jobs for Lisa and Milhouse to go to Phineas is gone! Why have buildings/attractions that only animate once or for a limited time. It's DUMB!!!

While you may be right in that they removed the job, (I don't know, haven't checked) are you sure you still have the building out in your town? Probably a dumb question but you gotta start somewhere.
  • Its the same for the Put-Put golf course... sadly. I only got to see the giant gorilla move once. LAME!
  • Yes I noticed that they took away that task. I kinda liked it even though its an inside task, but at least Milhouse and Lisa is on a date. :D
  • :( i was using that building alot... i like how it lit up. why waste time animating all these buildings when u cant even freakin use them. gtfo!
  • I am disappointed as well. PQB's had become the go-to for my Lisa & Milhouse 8-hour tasks. As it was more than a one-time animation, I figured it had become a regular task. I was unpleasantly shocked to find it gone when I went to use it.
  • I didnt notice they have remove that option :(

Yet another building that doesnt have anything to do with anyone :?

El Chemistri
    SIr Putts A lot
    Phineas O Butterfat
    Bad Dream House
    House of Evil

Anymore ive missed?
  • House of Evil
    Try-N-Save - I don't have Santa Homer. Does it still have tasks?
    Santa's Village - again, I don't have Santa Homer. Did it ever have tasks?
    Howard's Flowers - I don't think it animated, but it no longer has tasks, either.

Ironically, I wish the animation on the cemeteries WOULD cease.
  • FreeWillUnit wrote:
    House of Evil
    Try-N-Save - I don't have Santa Homer. Does it still have tasks?
    Santa's Village - again, I don't have Santa Homer. Did it ever have tasks?

Yup. Both still have Santa Homer tasks.
  • I am hoping, although it's probably an exercise in futility, that eventually EA will bring in some changes to tasks for the characters which will involve some of the unused buildings. I often send my characters on 8 and 12 hour tasks to fit in with my day. Doing the same tasks over and over does get a little dull. Although Shauna teasing the ducks is fun.
  • It's really annoying. Why spend all that effort animating the buildings and writing code for associated character tasks, only to have them a one time usage deal or limited availability? By adding new tasks and using more animation it keeps the game fresh. Doing the same tasks over and over again is starting to lose its appeal, it was great to have some new places to send the characters. The more animation in our towns the better right? I just don't understand why they have to take away those tasks and render a building static and boring. The house of evil shop had a wicked animation and I'm still gutted they took it away, now the flashing lights of the ice cream parlour have gone and the ape in the putting green moves no more - shame on you EA. why are you removing the things which make this game great? :evil:

If you've purchased a building, you should get to keep the tasks associated with it.