Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Pride Month 2015 ***WALKTHROUGH***

Gil Deal

Gil: Gil Gunderson, real estate agent, at your service!
Roscoe: You're my realtor? The realtors on reality shows are all hot gay men.
Gil: I may not be hot, or gay, or licensed as a realtor, but I've got a deal on a steel mill that's so hot you're gonna need tongs!
Roscoe: A discount steel mill? What's the catch?
Gil: Wood paneling and shag carpet. It was done in the 70s.
Roscoe: What wasn't?

Untitled-1

If the user denies:
Gil: Dang it, that commission check was gonna pay my next month's rent!
Gil: Looks like instead of selling the steel mill, I'm gonna be squatting there…
Roscoe: Not alone, you're not!
Gil: *gulp*

If the user accepts:
Homer: A steel mill? D’oh! I thought they were gonna put a Super Mega Krusty Burger there!
Ned: Praise the heavens, this steel mill is a miracle from above!
Homer: Technically everything in this town is -- you know, Sky Finger and all -- but what good is it to you?
Ned: Now I can buy steel direct from the factory, so I can finally afford to build that 200-foot-high Virgin Mary on my front yard!
Homer: That better not be a purchasable item.

Mo-thusiasm Pt. 1

Roscoe starts

Roscoe: Homer, this steel mill's turned out to be a real fixer-upper!
Roscoe: To pay for the renovations, I'm going to use the space at night as a gay dance bar for moustached men: “The Anvil.”
Homer: Heh heh, let's see Flanders try to spin this as a miracle!
Roscoe: Does this Flanders guy perchance have a moustache? I need to hire some go-go dancers.
Homer: Then let's go-go meet him!

Task: Make Roscoe Chat with Flanders
Time: 8h
Requires: Ned

On job start:
Homer: Flanders, your happy days are over. Get ready to be like the rest of us!

On job end:
Ned: Wow, Homer, two miracles in one day. First the steel mill, and then you introduce me to Roscoe!
Homer: What the--? You LIKED meeting Roscoe?
Ned: I gave him some renovation tips from my experience remodeling my baptistery. Helped me meet my monthly help-thy-neighbor quota.
Homer: But didn't you get freaked out when he asked you to be a go-go dancer?
Ned: He said I could wear khakis over the thong. How could I refuse? I'll be working Tuesdays and Thursdays -- stop by and say hi!

Mo-thusiasm Pt. 2

Roscoe starts

Roscoe: Hey Ned, mind if I ask you for some business advice?
Ned: Sure, I love pain-free ways of superficially showing tolerance!
Roscoe: So, if past experience is a guide, church-going males are an important potential customer base for my gay dance club.
Roscoe: What's the best way to reach that audience?
Ned: You know, many people don't realize the New Testament has a lot to say about New Media...

Task: Make Ned Give Business Tips
Task: Make Roscoe Take Notes
Time: 12h

Mo-thusiasm Pt. 3

Roscoe starts

Roscoe: Welcome Ned, to the grand opening of The Anvil!
Ned: Opening? Shouldn't you be closing? It's midnight.
Roscoe: Apparently you're unaware that in the EDM-based male-dance-club subculture, things only really get going after midnight.

Task: Make Springfielders Get Down at the Anvil
Time: 4h
Task: Make Roscoe Play Hard
Time: 12h

On job start:
Ned: I'm beginning to regret giving you all that advice.
Roscoe: What, can't you handle this much scantily-clad stache?
Ned: I'm perfectly comfortable in my stachehood. But it's after midnight on a Saturday, which means it's technically Sunday! This is sacreligious!

Dance Off

Requires Level 25 and Smithers

Roscoe starts

Roscoe: Sorry about the long line to get in, but I need to make the place seem exclusive.
Roscoe: Anybody have enough stache to challenge me to a waiting line dance-off?
Duffman: Duffman has free beer for the winner! And free glow sticks for anyone who wants to look like an idiot!
Smithers: I'm always up for a competition to erase my childhood memories of athletic ineptitude. Challenge accepted!
System Message: New permanent jobs at the Ajax Steel Mill available for Roscoe, Smithers, and Duffman!
New Permanent Jobs Roscoe

Task: Make Roscoe Dance Outside the Steel Mill
Task: Make Smithers Dance Outside the Steel Mill
If the user has Duffman: Task: Make Duffman Dance Outside the Steel Mill
Time: 5h

• Thank you LPN. This forum owes you a congrats for all your work. :thumbup: :thumbup:

And boy are you fast - 4 highly informative threads before I even realized there was an event and I logged in only a couple hours ago.
  • Am I the only one who is sad because poor Cecil can't Get Down at the Anvil.
  • daizydad wrote:
    Am I the only one who is sad because poor Cecil can't Get Down at the Anvil.

It's weird...Cecil really isn't taking part in any of this. I just started the last part of the quest (Springfielders join the continuing festivities) and the only two characters who don't have that task on their lists are Cecil and Mrs. Quimby.
  • I finished Springfield over the Rainbow Part 5 hours ago, but I have not been prompted for Springfield over the Rainbow part 6. Is anyone else having this problem?

I am level 16. Do need to have anything else completed before this quest can start?
  • 4kidsandacatdog wrote:
    daizydad wrote:
    Am I the only one who is sad because poor Cecil can't Get Down at the Anvil.

It's weird...Cecil really isn't taking part in any of this. I just started the last part of the quest (Springfielders join the continuing festivities) and the only two characters who don't have that task on their lists are Cecil and Mrs. Quimby.

That's usually the case with the newer characters.

I assume that the Pride Event script was written a few months back, likely even before the script was written for Cecil's tasks (since he was only given his task list at the end of the Terwilliger's event--before he was essentially just an NPC who assigned other characters to jobs during the event), and Mrs. Quimby and Stacy Lovell also don't join in on the "mass jobs" (that's what I call those special tasks you can send everyone or a majority of characters on) since they just came out in Level 53, which presumably also had its scripting completely done before the Pride Event was completed.

Thus, those handful of the newest characters (Cecil, Stacy, and Mrs. Quimby) don't work with the Pride Event's "mass jobs" tasks. Besides the animals and NPCs, of course.
  • yelp818 wrote:
    I finished Springfield over the Rainbow Part 5 hours ago, but I have not been prompted for Springfield over the Rainbow part 6. Is anyone else having this problem?

I am level 16. Do need to have anything else completed before this quest can start?

Is Homer free or on a task? He initiates Part 6 of that task, I believe.
  • He was free, but didn't initiate it until later.

Is this it? Have there been no new tasks in the event besides having the whole town celebrate?

• yelp818 wrote:
    He was free, but didn't initiate it until later.

Is this it? Have there been no new tasks in the event besides having the whole town celebrate?

See the first post of this thread. ^^^^^