Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Question about prizes.

Hmm that's a very good question! I'm kinda curious now too!
  • emymarek721 wrote:
    I purchased donuts while Amazon was having this awesome sale... for however much you spend, you get 50% back. And then I'd buy more donuts (for free) and got ANOTHER 50% back... And then I'd buy more free donuts. It was a GREAT sale! So I was able to buy a bunch of eggs. And I can tell you this: The MOMENT I hit 80 gold boxes, I got Shari, and then on the next roll I got Hugs Bunny. So it's not based on all colors combined. Some people were fortunate to get them on earlier rolls. But not me. I had to go the distance. Now I just dump eggs in my neighbors baskets to help them out.

I won't even hit 80 boxes in my dominate color by end of the event. My only hope is pure luck.

How many pink/blue eggs to get 81 gold boxes?
  • amazonprimechic wrote:
    emymarek721 wrote:
    I purchased donuts while Amazon was having this awesome sale... for however much you spend, you get 50% back. And then I'd buy more donuts (for free) and got ANOTHER 50% back... And then I'd buy more free donuts. It was a GREAT sale! So I was able to buy a bunch of eggs. And I can tell you this: The MOMENT I hit 80 gold boxes, I got Shari, and then on the next roll I got Hugs Bunny. So it's not based on all colors combined. Some people were fortunate to get them on earlier rolls. But not me. I had to go the distance. Now I just dump eggs in my neighbors baskets to help them out.

I won't even hit 80 boxes in my dominate color by end of the event. My only hope is pure luck.

This entire event is INSANE. Its like a college prank. To calculate how many pinks/blues should get a gold box there's some math about 45% chance of winning gold eggs, but that if pink is your common color you get 100 golds in a pink box or is it that if blue is your common color then ...

(Brain explodes)

This is supposed to be a relaxing game, but we have to be nuclear scientists to figure it out. This is a crock.

Imagine someone who doesn't know about the forums. Sometimes when they harvest carrots, bunnies pop out, and other times, no bunnies. How would they know there was ANY correlation between that and clearing your town of bunnies first?

This whole event is a joke. But without the ha ha part at the end. :(
  • annettemarc wrote:

This entire event is INSANE. Its like a college prank. To calculate how many pinks/blues should get a gold box there's some math about 45% chance of winning gold eggs, but that if pink is your common color you get 100 golds in a pink box or is it that if blue is your common color then ...

(Brain explodes)

This is supposed to be a relaxing game, but we have to be nuclear scientists to figure it out. This is a crock.

Imagine someone who doesn't know about the forums. Sometimes when they harvest carrots, bunnies pop out, and other times, no bunnies. How would they know there was ANY correlation between that and clearing your town of bunnies first?

Yeah your right. A childish prank by EA. Look at what they did with the baskets. Sold for 10 donuts. Didn't tell people that they're one time use or that you'll get them for free.

I was hoping emymarek721 would reply on how many pink/blue eggs it took to get her/his 81 gold boxes. That would give me some perspective since its looking like I may only open 80 total (pink/blue combined) boxes if I'm lucky. I was wondering if I'll even get to the minimum of 20 gold boxes to have a chance at Shari.

With no way to grind my way to a goal this event is pretty boring. Sure I'll visit neighbors, set characters on tasks and grow crops but that is what I do anyways. EA needed to provide a way to sacrifice time instead of donuts to be able to complete this event. But they made it just Ho-hum instead. :(

EA always finding new ways to suck the fun out of everything they do.
  • annettemarc wrote:
    amazonprimechic wrote:
    emymarek721 wrote:

(Brain explodes)

If pink is your common color you get 100 gold eggs in pink boxes and 300 gold eggs in blue boxes
    Blue gets 100 gold eggs in blue boxes and 300 gold eggs in pink boxes
  • annettemarc wrote:
    amazonprimechic wrote:
    emymarek721 wrote:

(Brain explodes)

Your comment is s true!

Also there is a joke, but the joke's on us. They are the ones laughing at us, and to play devils advocate I completely understand why. Half of the people hating this event ended up buying eggs to complete it so ultimately their dirty scheme worked. It's genius really. They know they have the players hooked so they're just taking advantage of that and laughing at us all the way to the bank. This is exactly why I would never spend a dime on this game.
  • amazonprimechic wrote:
    annettemarc wrote:

(Brain explodes)

Yeah your right. A childish prank by EA. Look at what they did with the baskets. Sold for 10 donuts. Didn't tell people that they're one time use or that you'll get them for free.

I was hoping emymarek721 would reply on how many pink/blue eggs it took to get her/his 81 gold boxes. That would give me some perspective since its looking like I may only open 80 total (pink/blue combined) boxes if I'm lucky. I was wondering if I'll even get to the minimum of 20 gold boxes to have a chance at Shari.

With no way to grind my way to a goal this event is pretty boring. Sure I'll visit neighbors, set characters on tasks and grow crops but that is what I do anyways. EA needed to provide a way to sacrifice time instead of donuts to be able to complete this event. But they made it just Ho-hum instead. :(

EA always finding new ways to suck the fun out of everything they do.

The problem is that in a game of chance, its impossible to extrapolate whether the individual's experience is common or not.

I bought my way to all prizes on Day Two. (No judging allowed. ;) )

A barn of eggs has 5,700 blue plus 5,700 pink) ... It says thats enough for at least 11 boxes of each color.
    I bought 2 barns. So, 22 boxes of pinks and 22 boxes of blues.
    I had Shari Bobbins by the end of the FIRST barnload.
    So it couldn't possibly be "20 golds" to get her. (Remember. This was only Day Two of the event. I had earned no gold boxes on my own yet.)
    It must be 20 boxes combined.

It took me at least the equivalent of three barns to get the last two items. I wasnt keeping track. But 3 barns is 66 boxes, and a bunch of those were giving me gold coins ... last two boxes were that Chirpy thing and then Father Shaun. So MAYBE it was under 82 total boxes. But I'm not sure ...

All I know for certain is EA must KNOW that the only way to get that many boxes without donuts relies on a LOT of baskets. And they are the only source for our random number of baskets and they're keeping that number unbearably low. This is a crock.

EDIT TO ADD!!! WAIT A MINUTE! I just noticed in the FAQ Walkthrough that Father Shaun is guaranteed after 50 boxes. I got him after over 66 boxes, plus whatever gold boxes were along the way! I got him last. So it can't possibly be total of all colors of baskets. It must be total of each individual color. :cry:
  • "Guaranteed after 50 boxes" to me makes it sounds like as soon as you get 50 or 51 boxes, you get him for sure. Not at 66.

Edit: Oh, gotcha.