Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Realistic Christmas Update

hi There!

A few of these things exist already. Your SF should be covered in snow soon. Flanders and Homer have Santa skins, Homer has Mr. Plow, Barney has Plow King and Burns has Scrooge. There is also an abominable snowman (or bumble) NPC.

If this is your first Christmas event, you'll enjoy it.
  • neuroheart wrote:
    cjharris5 wrote:
    Speaking of Christmas lights, when is the appropriate time to decerate the houses? Wait for the snow? After Thanksgiving? Now?

I'll put mine up the week after Thanksgiving, I think. (Except at the farm, which always has them up.) But it's not like our Springfields have a homeowners association or anything, put up lights whenever you like.

Springfield homeowners association 150 donuts, comes with cookie kwan
  • cjharris5 wrote:
    It would be nice if when it started snowing in Springfield, the snow accumulated and you had to remove it in some way. Also, it has bugged me that you can have characters sunning themselves at the beach at Christmas. I want to have Homer having a heartattack while shoveling snow. We have enough Christmas lights, we need something new this year.

Don't just think of yourself, think of those that are going to experience their first Christmas like me that don't yet have any Xmas lights.
  • cdepast wrote:
    hi There!

A few of these things exist already. Your SF should be covered in snow soon. Flanders and Homer have Santa skins, Homer has Mr. Plow, Barney has Plow King and Burns has Scrooge. There is also an abominable snowman (or bumble) NPC.

Not only that but homer and Lisa also had tasks where they would wear winter outfits so I think that'll happen again
  • Lol, I am, of course, looking forward to the event, but thanksgiving first please.

:shock: :mrgreen:
  • I'm still in Halloween w/drawl, & all the retail freaks are bananas for Black Friday :twisted:

...but that's the Holidaze free for all,
    so whatever floats your boat :roll:
  • cdepast wrote:
    hi There!

This! You'll love it! :mrgreen:
  • Will the simpsons snow family figures we got last year unmelt back to their original size? :P
  • sherryt07 wrote:
    Lights go up after Thanksgiving at my house. :)

Yep, that's how it is in my house as well.

As for the game, I'll wait til the Xmas update rolls out & then I'll decorate the houses & equip the appropriate skins.
  • hughejars wrote:
    Will the simpsons snow family figures we got last year unmelt back to their original size? :P

Yes. So will the ice god.
  • neuroheart wrote:
    hughejars wrote:
    Will the simpsons snow family figures we got last year unmelt back to their original size? :P

Yes. So will the ice god.

This thing bugs the hell out of me. The ice god statue & snowmen should last all year long & should never melt. Kind of dumb to only let us enjoy these items for 1 month and a half.

Especially considering the ice sculpture statue that came with the Wolfcastle update never melts and lasts all year round.