Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Christmas update

same!!! the halloween one was awesome xmas should be better :D :D :D
  • Has there been an official announcement that there will be a Christmas update? I haven't seen anything.

I'm guessing if there's one, it will happen on December 1st, similar to how the Halloween update hit on October 1st.
  • As long as they don't do something stupid like they did with the treats that was with the Halloween update. The treats were a good idea but at the end they just took them away with no reward. They could have converted the treats to cash like for every treat it equals $1 of game currency
  • heavy liquid wrote:
    Has there been an official announcement that there will be a Christmas update? I haven't seen anything.

I'm guessing if there's one, it will happen on December 1st, similar to how the Halloween update hit on October 1st.

The Halloween one happened on October 4th actually. I assume if there is one it'll be on December 5th when their Facebook page says they are doing the update hat will outdate the old devices.
  • Halloween got old fast. If EA wasn't lazy, I'd hope for some surprise every day for the days leading up until Christmas. But we'll never get that with EA.. :(
  • DohMoe wrote:
    Halloween got old fast. If EA wasn't lazy, I'd hope for some surprise every day for the days leading up until Christmas. But we'll never get that with EA.. :(

Hey that's a pretty good idea! Kind of like an advent calendar of sorts except instead of chocolate we get special items. Ah well, one can only hope...
  • If EA wasn't a lazy company, (repeats FTW) it'd be cool to have a whole other AREA inside of the Springfield Mall. You could send characters on quests there, or just put them in there, and shops like the Leftorium and I Can't Believe It's a Law Firm could be unlocked by "Shopping Points" or something like that, and you could manage the whole mall. That. Would. Be. Freaking. EPIC.
  • My thought is update is this week to coincide with season 15 on DVD. Dec 5th.

Unless EA staff got drunk this weekend and its delayed.

Amazing that with such popularity they dont even "hint" at an update....

From a marketing side they really blow..... You can tell that like many tech companies its just duct tape and wire and hope for the best.
  • Would be good if Springfield gets taken over by snowmen and you had to melt them