Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Righteousness

xTaityx wrote:
Can anyone explain how the Righteousness stars work?

Does anyone actually know? The FAQS section dosent seem to have much information.
My stars dropped today from 5 to 1 and a half and I've had no graffiti or done anything diffrent in my Springfield.

Do you send your people to church or meditation ever? When my rating drops, i send marge a d a few others to church, it goes back up when they are done (after 12 long hours of prayer I assume).
  • I keep a lot of inactive neighbors around so I can clean up their graffiti, and that boosts me right back up. Otherwise I don't think it's good game etiquette to steal your active neighbors mop icons. That's what I heard anyway.
  • i got it to 5 with one training wall.. i only had 5 friends (at that time) and didn't graffiti there buildings..

anytime i had graffiti in my town i cleaned it i always caught sideshow bob (even in friends towns) and kept it to 5 stars until i added 20+ people from here for the christmas event where evetyone grafftits your buildings.. went down to 1 star and got it back up to 5 by doing what i mentioned before.

• The Swat Van adds to rightousness as well and it depends on how much land you own. In my smaller town 8 training walls did the trick but in my larger town I needed 15
  • my righteousness rating has always been 5.

i have no walls or police vehicles. i have never done anything special to raise it, like I've added trees for that rating.

i DO send the Rev. and both Flanders to church fairly often because i use 12 hour missions most frequently.

so you should be able to achieve 5 as well.

graffitiing others lowers their rating but allows them the chance to clean up and recover it.

there is no stealing of mops or icons. anything multiple tapped just increases the bonus. ideally we want multiple taps and multiple handshakes on everything.

• Church or meditation to raise righteousness is new to me; I do have over 10 training walls so I'll try it the next time it drops (might be the next update.)

Cleaning a neighbors graffiti has always been a bad neighbor policy as the neighbor does not get the Xp and money (and righteous increase) from cleaning his own buildings
  • joshuaadolph wrote:
    The stop signs and the hail ants signs will also raise your rating. But the church thing is also new to me also

Sorry you have confused obedience with righteousness, Both signs only raise obedience but I see this statement quite often
  • how ironic.

yesterday my righteousness was 5 stars. today i noticed it was a measly half star!?!?!?

then i realized, i just started building the"legitimate businessman's club. duh! i just opened the door to organized crime!!

i have no idea if church visits help, but i suspect i may be buying some of those walls.

cue Nelson:

ha hah!
  • sonomio1971 wrote:
    Yikes! I didn't know that there was bad etiquette to graffiti or cleaning up their buildings. Going to check threads now, but that us the first I have heard of that after more than a year of playing.

It's not. Don't worry about it. Lol
  • luli03175 wrote:
    I read once that if your righteousness drops it can be because one of your friends cleaned up the spray paint in your town.

It's very likely this is the case, which is one of the reasons I never clean graffiti in a neighbor's town. That and the erasing someone else's visit and maybe taking the little bits of cash and xp that someone can get from cleaning their town. (Whether that matters to them or not, I just think it's kind of bad form.)
  • xTaityx wrote:
    Can anyone explain how the Righteousness stars work?

Does anyone actually know? The FAQS section dosent seem to have much information.
    My stars dropped today from 5 to 1 and a half and I've had no graffiti or done anything diffrent in my Springfield.

Near as I can tell, Aliens.

As far as I know the only 2 actions that can affect Righteousness are not catching Bob and Graffiti.

ONE TIP if you're not a fan of training walls. Bob is *always* in Other Springfield. Go apprehend him several times (go in and out) to get it back up.

OR create a feeder town and graffiti yourself and clean it up.

If that sounds like too much work, well, you need 165 points at level 37 for 5 stars. The only 2 things you can buy to affect that are the SWAT van and training walls. (so 15 or 16 training walls) Some people use them for decorations, some people hide them behind buildings. Costington's, the wax museum, Spinster apartments, and the high school are good for this. (also the cracker factory and the coliseum, if you have them)

I think it's because Bob shows up unannounced a lot that my R rating used to take a nose dive all the time. And one time I was re arranging my town for over an hour and someone graffitied and I didn't notice till i went out of move mode and saw that my R rating dropped.

From everything I've read and seen in my own town, tasks that my characters are on have zero bearing on the R rating.