Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Scratch'r jackpot !

Just had a 10000 Scratcher jackpot ! Don't know if this happens a lot, but for me it felt like winning the real lottery ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • I think I read somewhere that a lot of threads were completely or partially gone after a forum resetting. Might just be that...
    frosted1414
    Seasoned Newcomer
    This is new forum software. The migration was only partially successful. @ASoldiersEyes your avatar disturbs me :flushed:
    frosted1414
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "stinkbugger;c-2069940" wrote:
    You know what kinda annoys me about the Scratch-R scratch screen?
    There's no way to back out of that screen. You either have to complete the scratching or quit the app.
    I think this is because the Scratch-R was designed early on. Nowadays the mini-games and other screens usually have a back arrow if you don't wish to fully complete whatever is on the screen.

I think you used to be able to scratch a little bit, and if you didn't like what you saw you could back out and try again for something better. So they fixed that.
  • I think @frosted1414 has a very good point there... why be annoyed anyways? You always get more than the $250 back... Springfield Downs on the other hand.....
  • How is it a "sucker's bet" and "the biggest rigged percent wise payoff"?

Paying 2000 and having a greater than 50% chance of winning 6000 doesn't seem like a sucker's bet, or am I missing something? Sure, you're not going to be quickly raking in huge sums but if you keep playing it you'll be ahead.
  • "stinkbugger;c-2069981" wrote:
    How is it a "sucker's bet" and "the biggest rigged percent wise payoff"?

Paying 2000 and having a greater than 50% chance of winning 6000 doesn't seem like a sucker's bet, or am I missing something? Sure, you're not going to be quickly raking in huge sums but if you keep playing it you'll be ahead.

In my experience the race track is a break even game.
  • I still remember the first time I won the Long Shot at the Downs. Felt like I won the lottery, and I ended up splurging on like 8 pieces of land. Was huge for me back then. Now it's just habit. I always go for the long shot on both the Go Karts, and the Dog Track, and have won it more times that I remember. Won 100 donuts once from a Golden Scratcher, as well.

I wish I got the donut equivalent of the Lard Lad donuts from the Mystery Boxes, however. I think I have 3 of them in my town (along with the Church of Lard Lad, the pink one, and the metal one), and like 4 of them in storage. Sheesh...
    smohqy
    New Spectator
    I got Chalmersโ€™ Onda in my mystery box!

I put it with the other 119.
  • You know what kinda annoys me about the Scratch-R scratch screen?
    There's no way to back out of that screen. You either have to complete the scratching or quit the app.
    I think this is because the Scratch-R was designed early on. Nowadays the mini-games and other screens usually have a back arrow if you don't wish to fully complete whatever is on the screen.
  • "Denisgarfield74;c-2069962" wrote:
    I think @frosted1414 has a very good point there... why be annoyed anyways? You always get more than the $250 back... Springfield Downs on the other hand.....

Springfield downs is a suckers bet, I only use it twice in new towns. Once when it makes you and you win, and a second time to secure cash for new town once. After that you may as well spend your money on the rocket launcher, the biggest rigged percent wise payoff since Krusty's wheel. :D

About The Simpsons Tapped Out General Discussion

Talk about your The Simpsons: Tapped Out experience with other TSTO players.49,402 PostsLatest Activity: 7 hours ago