Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Sound bites in this years treehouse of horror

Yes, I noticed. "What the" by homer and "Hikaramba" by bart. Im glad that the show is merging closer to the game. And now we have a the plant alien in our town now. I liked the opening phone sketch. Who else was there for THOH 2018? Did you recognize any other sound bites?
  • "simpsonare;d-232982" wrote:
    Yes, I noticed. "What the" by homer and "Hikaramba" by bart. Im glad that the show is merging closer to the game. And now we have a the plant alien in our town now. I liked the opening phone sketch. Who else was there for THOH 2018? Did you recognize any other sound bites?

FYI, it's ¡Ay, caramba!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C2%A1Ay,_caramba!https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C2%A1Ay,_caramba!
  • "rockyb2006;c-2009657" wrote:
    I watched. It was disappointing for a Halloween episode imo.

Agreed. The recycled audio clips were jarring and the episode itself was disappointing.
  • It was not as good as previous years, but better than “Bob’s Burgers. It looked like they were creating tie-in bits. I did like Flanders wall of wives. I think it was a play on HP, and Umbridge’s wall that the twins took out.
  • "spyder1952850;c-2009661" wrote:
    It was not as good as previous years, but better than “Bob’s Burgers. It looked like they were creating tie-in bits. I did like Flanders wall of wives. I think it was a play on HP, and Umbridge’s wall that the twins took out.

The wall of wives was not in the newest THOH, and had nothing to do with HP, that episode was the repeat of the season finale from last year "Flanders' Ladder". You watched the two repeats that aired before the newest episodes on Sunday.
  • "txrabbit3737;c-2009662" wrote:
    "spyder1952850;c-2009661" wrote:
    It was not as good as previous years, but better than “Bob’s Burgers. It looked like they were creating tie-in bits. I did like Flanders wall of wives. I think it was a play on HP, and Umbridge’s wall that the twins took out.

The wall of wives was not in the newest THOH, and had nothing to do with HP, that episode was the repeat of the season finale from last year "Flanders' Ladder". You watched the two repeats that aired before the newest episodes on Sunday.

Oooooops, I guess I got the two mixed up. We only had 2 episodes on Fox.
  • "spyder1952850;c-2009674" wrote:
    "txrabbit3737;c-2009662" wrote:
    "spyder1952850;c-2009661" wrote:

Oooooops, I guess I got the two mixed up. We only had 2 episodes on Fox.

Are you on the West Coast? On the East Coast and Central, due to the slight overage of the Ravens/Saints NFL game, the last segment of Flanders' Ladder aired followed by last year's Bob's Burgers Halloween ep. Then at 7Cent/8Eastern, the new Simpsons, Bob;s Burger's and Family guy aired. Unless they did something odd on the West Coast, all the first run episodes should have aired.