Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Spend (big amount) of cash warning

larsyuipo wrote:
I feel like there should be a warning when spending a big amount of cash. I was just collecting some buildings income when I accidentally tapped the IRS building and spend 7 million cash. Really not a fan of what happend there, even if I have quite some money left its unacceptable that I doesn't give me a warning, besides I could've used that cash for other things like buying items for my town aswell as getting the redwood tree or money mountain upgraded.

Ironically, you just increased your tap radius which helps avoid accidents like that.
  • weagle1294705 wrote:
    I think that every time someone makes a mistake, it's not EA's job to modify the game so that you can't ever make that mistake again. It was a mistake on your part, you simply mis-tapped, no big deal. Just take responsibility and move on. I'm not trying to be ugly about it, but, that mindset is like most people in America.....I don't want to have to manage myself, so make the government manage me for me. Blech.

People were saying the same thing before EA finally broke down and implemented the “confirm donut” button. I don’t think you’ll find too many users who think that was a bad move on EA’s part.
  • KrustyBrand wrote:
    weagle1294705 wrote:
    I think that every time someone makes a mistake, it's not EA's job to modify the game so that you can't ever make that mistake again. It was a mistake on your part, you simply mis-tapped, no big deal. Just take responsibility and move on. I'm not trying to be ugly about it, but, that mindset is like most people in America.....I don't want to have to manage myself, so make the government manage me for me. Blech.

People were saying the same thing before EA finally broke down and implemented the “confirm donut” button. I don’t think you’ll find too many users who think that was a bad move on EA’s part.

I didn't say anything was a bad move. I just simply stated that I think people should take responsibility instead of thinking that the game needs to be changed to account for every possible mis tap If EA makes this change, great. But I think people shouldn't believe that EA should make the change. It's just my opinion.
  • weagle1294705 wrote:
    KrustyBrand wrote:
    weagle1294705 wrote:

I didn't say anything was a bad move. I just simply stated that I think people should take responsibility instead of thinking that the game needs to be changed to account for every possible mis tap If EA makes this change, great. But I think people shouldn't believe that EA should make the change. It's just my opinion.

How would EA know the change is desired if no one voices a complaint?
  • Some people always just have to be so rude about anything anyone says. And some people always have to be contrary. If someone started a thread saying this was a bad idea, probably those same people would say, hey wait that would be a good thing.
    I think it's a good idea. The code would probably be similar to the code they already use for the donut confirmation, so I doubt it would be difficult to implement. And they could have an option in the settings that players could turn it off or on, just like donut spending.
    It would also be useful for buying expensive items from the store.
    I take more than my fair share of responsibility in life, but it's nice when you're playing a game to have a safeguard for little mistakes.
  • I did the same thing more than once before I fully upgraded it, my solution was to buy a strip of land and put the IRS away from the rest of my Springfield it worked great.
  • i can understand wanting a safety, like for not spending donuts accidentally because it's real life cash.

but the IRS building already IS a two-tap action. What you're asking for is a 3rd tap.

if you just tap hastily, and make a mistake, that's your responsibility, not the game's. No one can write enough rules and engage enough safeties to protect you from yourself, if you're moving too fast to use them!

i think you'll have to chalk this up to "annoyances". Kind of like switching christmas lights on when you didn't mean to. Then you have to go back and switch them off again.

i hope you realize i'm not trying to be critical or contrary, neighboreeno. :wink:

TIP:
    one thing you could try, is moving the building to one of the upper edges of the playfield. that would make the "floating tool" icon hover outside of the playfield, either over mountains or the unavailable green space. you'd have no reason to tap near it then!

AirurandoP
    Rising Newcomer
    I know everybody is entitled to their opinion and everybody has the right to voice theirs but this is the silliest thread I've come across on the forum since I've been on it. A non-existant problem with three existing solutions. Just another opinion. :D
  • starstrucsims wrote:
    Some people always just have to be so rude about anything anyone says. And some people always have to be contrary. If someone started a thread saying this was a bad idea, probably those same people would say, hey wait that would be a good thing.
    I think it's a good idea. The code would probably be similar to the code they already use for the donut confirmation, so I doubt it would be difficult to implement. And they could have an option in the settings that players could turn it off or on, just like donut spending.
    It would also be useful for buying expensive items from the store.
    I take more than my fair share of responsibility in life, but it's nice when you're playing a game to have a safeguard for little mistakes.

The catch is, when there's safeguards for every little mistake, how will people learn from them, to avoid making them in the future?

i'd prefer safeguards for critical mistakes, but critical thinkers should learn to avoid making the small ones. in this situation, the lesson is simply not to tap too fast.

Unfortunately, more safeguards = less learning = stupider people. And THIS IS part of the deconstruction of the 'merikan Empire. I don't endorse it.
  • larsyuipo wrote:
    You do but sometimes you tap a bit fast and you double hit the IRS or something else. That's what I had, I hit the IRS without noticing we within a week one I had also tapped the green box.

Remember kids: take your time with tapping.
  • 4junk3000 wrote:
    No one can write enough rules and engage enough safeties to protect you from yourself, if you're moving too fast to use them!

Truth & wisdom in all aspects. ^

AirurandoP wrote:
    this is the silliest thread I've come across on the forum since I've been on it.

:shock: Srsly? :lol: Nowhere near, imo.