Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Spending 2600 Donuts!

Oatmeal832 wrote:
As I mentioned elsewhere, I'm going to have a donuts windfall via the use of credit card rewards points. When I receive the gift cards, I'll have about 2600 donuts (combining what I'll buy with I already have).

So a spending spree is in the cards, and I want advice on how best to use the funds. Here are the premium items I already own:

-Aztec Theater
-Bumblebee Man
-Channel 6 News Van
-Hans Moleman
-Homer's Hammock
-Hot Tub
-Lincoln's Cabin
-Piece of Crap Car
-Police Car
-Rich Texan
-Worldwide Broadcast Dish
-Squeaky Voice Teen

Here are the items I definitely will buy:

-Film Set (120)
-Springfield Coliseum (190)
-Sleep-Eazy Motel (225)
-Lugash's Gym (175)
-Barney's Bowlarama (250)
-Volcano Lair (200)
-Duff Brewery (190)
-Frink's Lab (150)
-School Bus (120)
-Krustylu Studios (140)
-Cannon (20)
-Community Center (150)
-Open Air Stage (160)

That's 2090, which leaves me about 500 donuts. Are there any other items that would be really good buys? Of course, I can hold onto those 500 donuts and wait for later purchases.

Ideas?

Those are great purchases. I think you should save the last 500 for Krustyland.

Or at least for Level 32. I'm speculating that it will bring Kamp Krusty with a 200 donut price tag .
  • chrisp530 wrote:
    ^Not really. Your list is pretty perfect. I do love Duff Stadium though just because the Jetpack task is probably one of the coolest in the game.

+1 :thumbup:

chrisp530 wrote:
    Donuts go fast :)

Too Fast!! :twisted:
  • or save for a speculated duff deal... includes brewery, springfield sign, and 50k... noone knows price yet... but could be worth the wait...
  • Omg, me too! I just realized I had Air Miles so I cashed some of them in for cards! I also just cashed in some visa points for AppleTV, so I told my husband the cards are for shows n movies. Little does he know. :wink:

Last Gil sale I was all about the multiplier, and I'm like you, I want to spend conservatively. I went for the best multiplier for my buck, which was all the 40 donut-ers. The tire fire is the only one you don't have (I think), so I'd recommend that, but only if you're like me, level 31 and still somehow cash poor. I do like the animation a lot though.
  • LtType77 wrote:
    or save for a speculated duff deal... includes brewery, springfield sign, and 50k... noone knows price yet... but could be worth the wait...

Hmm... that sounds vaguely familiar. I thought they'd be available individually at a discount, but you're saying they'd be bundled together for one low, low price?

If that's the rumor, I'll probably wait to buy the Brewery. I can stock up on other items - it's not like I MUST buy it all at once, though it's tempting!

Do you know the rumored timeline for this sale?
  • Oatmeal832 wrote:
    LtType77 wrote:
    or save for a speculated duff deal... includes brewery, springfield sign, and 50k... noone knows price yet... but could be worth the wait...

Hmm... that sounds vaguely familiar. I thought they'd be available individually at a discount, but you're saying they'd be bundled together for one low, low price?

If that's the rumor, I'll probably wait to buy the Brewery. I can stock up on other items - it's not like I MUST buy it all at once, though it's tempting!

Do you know the rumored timeline for this sale?

If I had to speculate, I'd guess August 8th it starts.
  • Updating: I got my gift cards and an extra, too. A friend gave me a $25 Best Buy gift card as a belated b-day present, so I used that for a $25 iTunes card.

I added $15 "real money" on iTunes and splurged for 900 donuts. I'll probably use the $100 iTunes card for a boatload before long, but I'll wait until the 900 donuts are gone in the (probably futile) hope that another sale comes along soon.

I'm tempted to buy, buy, buy, but I think I'll do my best to resist that urge and proceed slowly. Makes it more fun to add items at a gradual pace, I think!

So what was purchase #1?

Barney's Bowlarama!

Expensive, but a must-have, IMO. How can you have "The Simpsons" without Barney?

Very tempted to get Kamp Krusty to continue that quest line, but I'll hold off for a few days, at least! I've got Barney fun to explore - and I'll have Rod and Todd tomorrow AM!
  • indys2nd wrote:
    Congrats! Nothing like buying the premiums for the first time. 8)

Thanks! I already had some premium items, though - Barney wasn't my first! 8)