Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Stonecutter Skins

It may be that they (the ominous "they") realized that giving all the character skins token-earning tasks would unbalance the event re: whatever token-earning matrix they'd worked out with all of the puzzles and such. Each character skin earns tokens on their first event-related task; since there are so many of the skins that's enough for me. But I see what you're saying.

You still have the only badge worth having. :mrgreen:

Edit: "r" in "first"
  • I think they wanted to make sure it stays well paced.

Even though in past events characters had tasks for currency - this was usually a very limited amount of currency, and typically the task was 12+ hours long. So both of those items were complained about - so now they are trying with 0 tasks, because in the end, that currency didn't make a huge difference.

Plus for events, they always encourage friend visits. I think they hit the nail on the head for balance. Limiting amount for you to get yourself - but highly rewarding if you have active visiting neighbors.
  • Aennilya wrote:
    It may be that they (the ominous "they") realized that giving all the character skins token-earning tasks would unbalance the event re: whatever token-earning matrix they'd worked out with all of the puzzles and such. Each character skin earns tokens on their first event-related task; since there are so many of the skins that's enough for me. But I see what you're saying.

True it could unbalance it but this event is strange in the fact that i keep all my characters free all the time in case they are the the answer to the riddles.
    this would at least keep characters on event related tasks during the event and we still might have to cancel the tasks to get the characters free if they are the answer to the riddles.
  • MaxxSpider wrote:
    Why don't the characters with stone cutter skins have at least one job to earn emblems?

In past events we had characters that we could use to generate currency for the whole event.

I also thought this was strange but like others have said it obviously part of their master plan to keep the event nice and clean and limit the amount of emblems we can earn so the event lasts the month unless sped up of course
  • MaxxSpider wrote:
    Aennilya wrote:

True it could unbalance it but this event is strange in the fact that i keep all my characters free all the time in case they are the the answer to the riddles.
    this would at least keep characters on event related tasks during the event and we still might have to cancel the tasks to get the characters free if they are the answer to the riddles.

Well, you could try having all your characters in sync with the quest line - although with the number of characters we now have this can be a bit challenging especially if, for instance, the quest line calls for something like two one-hour tasks in a row.