Forum Discussion

7 years ago

strange notifications

I've been getting strange notifications from the game saying I haven't been in game for like 2 or 3 days. I know it is false I been in game every day. I am just wondering if anyone else has been getting these or has ever gotten these kind of notifications?
  • I turned off notifications years ago - they never identified which of my games they were for so they were useless and annoying.
  • Even if your sound is turned off, when you get notifications, the volume is turned up full blast. I was visiting a family member at a hospital and I was talking with the Doctor, and the notifications kept blasting, so I turned them off. That was in 2013, and haven't turned them back on since.
  • I don't get that kinda notification.....I don't think its suppose to give a notification telling players they haven't been on for like a couple days or more. Normally you just get notifications of tasks that have been completed by certain characters.
  • "jaythecanadian;c-1958700" wrote:
    I don't get that kinda notification.....I don't think its suppose to give a notification telling players they haven't been on for like a couple days or more. Normally you just get notifications of tasks that have been completed by certain characters.

Yes the game does Homer says "stop doing stuff and play with me."
    My wife gets those weird notifications when she plays everyday.
  • "Surfcitygal;c-1958723" wrote:
    I turned off notifications years ago - they never identified which of my games they were for so they were useless and annoying.

Agreed. I’ve never found that the game handled notifications in a particularly reliable or consistent manner.

bluntcard
    Seasoned Novice
    Yeah, just turn of notifications for the game if it's annoying.
  • "Surfcitygal;c-1958723" wrote:
    I turned off notifications years ago - they never identified which of my games they were for so they were useless and annoying.

Same here,got tired of them real fast, turned them of many years ago, maybe 4 or 5?
  • I get these notifications on my phone, but that's because I no longer play on my phone. Once this event started my phone began to overheat and lag (even though I moved ride pieces 1 square off so they aren't constantly running), so I started playing on my tablet instead. In fact, earlier today I was on my tablet playing and my phone went off, Homer yelling at me to "stop doing things" and go play with him.
  • "Gary_A_D;c-1958811" wrote:
    Even if your sound is turned off, when you get notifications, the volume is turned up full blast. I was visiting a family member at a hospital and I was talking with the Doctor, and the notifications kept blasting, so I turned them off. That was in 2013, and haven't turned them back on since.

I can't remember which event but there was one event where the notification sound was something like a nuclear siren. It sounded at 3 in the morning, full volume. That was the day I turned off notifications. Must have been 2015? But turning off notifications from within the game doesn't appear to stop the "you haven't played with me" notifications nor the promotional push notifications; I ended up disabling notifications via the Android audio settings for TSTO. What a pain.