Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Suggestions for spending donuts?

I would recommend Frinks Lab with Frink.
Frink appears in events regurarly with own quests.
  • I prefer buying premium buildings that come with a character (The Hungry Hun, Happy Sumo, Otto & his bus). I like Sherri & Terri, their tasks earn 200% more than regular characters, but they cost like 150 donuts. I wish they earned double treat bags for halloween though.
  • It can be tough trying to decide what to spend donuts on and what to hold off on. What it really comes down to is what characters or buildings you like best. For me, being a mostly freemium player :), I usually try to save my donuts for events like this one because of the limited time of premiums. You can buy the duff brewery and Frinks and Barney's and all those guys whenever you like but won't be able to buy Kodos or the drive in again. Or possibly for another year. So moral of the story is to spend donuts on things you feel like you absolutely have to have in your Springfield because you like them so much and to look at precious limited timed items first :)
  • I'd buy any Halloween stuff you want first. Those won't be around after the event ends. Some might come back next Halloween or possibly not again. After that, I'd buy characters you like best. Otto and Frink are great characters.
  • Best Halloween items IMO :
    The 2 cemetaries and the mausoleum have nice animations and make for a nice part of designing your town, and the current deal gives you zombies with them.
    The drive in movie gives you a character and it plays movies- sweet!

The Ray gun is pretty cool too with a pink laser bolt
  • stooby2 wrote:
    It always amazes me that people want to spend lots of money on this game. If you saw it on the market place for £70 (or the $110 ish) you probably wouldn't give it a second glance. It's good, but it's a long way from being that kind of money good.

Be glad they do, because they subsidize the freemium players and allow it to remain free to play with a LOT of free content.
  • stooby2 wrote:
    It always amazes me that people want to spend lots of money on this game. If you saw it on the market place for £70 (or the $110 ish) you probably wouldn't give it a second glance. It's good, but it's a long way from being that kind of money good.

I used to be a freemium player only for this game, but now i do spend money (maybe $49 every few months) because i consider this entertainment and for me it is a good value for my $ in giving me a few hours of fun every week
    Do people spend $50 on PS3 or Xbox games , or spend even more to go to a sporting event that is a risky proposition whether its a dull or memorable experience?

Its all relative....
  • Well, thanks for the suggestions. If you're interested, here's what I ended up buying:

Ray gun- didn't think it was that great when I bought it, but I needed ammo bad, plus it looked pretty cool. But it is worth it, because it unlocks Kodos, and completes the aliens set.

Frink's lab- I had to have science...

Portal to Rigel 7- looks cool, plus somewhat useful for the event by spawning aliens

Teleporters Alpha and Omega- goes well with Frink's lab

Duff Brewery- no reason

Drive-in theater- recommended a lot, plus wanted space mutant

Springfield coliseum- no reason

Pet Cemetery- must have all animals in game

All other zombie giving things- felt like getting zombie set, since already had pets from it

Tire fire- wanted a tire fire

Barney's Bowlerama- wanted Barney

3 tentacle trees- gotta have a few premium decorations...

Santa's little helper- must have the only non zombie dog in the game that I know of...

Squeaky voiced teen + Hans Moleman- good value

Rigellian hunting license - to make getting donut torture device, etc easier

A few speed ups
    Some grem-alien eggs

And I have 191 left

Forgot booberella, got her for the celebrities set
  • stooby2 wrote:

It always amazes me that people get baffled by how other people choose to spend their own money.