Forum Discussion

10 years ago

The electric cars....

I was wondering this as well. After the island fiasco I am cautious to jump on buying anything new that is put out. 8)
  • Dexterslab32 wrote:
    bradyc79 wrote:

But in regards to the island fiasco, you do realize that EA refunded the 120 donuts, or 90, or 30, whatever it may have been that you spent of the limited time islands before we received them for free, right?

I'm sorry but that statement is not accurate. I spent 120 on the islands and did not get my donuts back before they were gifted. I didn't contact EA for a refund for my own reasons. I don't want to open a whole new can of worms over the islandgate issue but what you stated didn't happen.

No I have to politely disagree with you. As mentioned above, you did not quote my entire post. Perhaps you did not finish the post before replying?

In regards to the timing, I did not intend to state that I received a donut refund before I received the islands for free. I was meaning to state that I purchased them while they were limited time, before we were given them for free. I did not contact EA for a refund on the 120 donuts I spent until a few days after we received them for free, and they were changed to a full time item for sale. I can't remember the exact days, but I think we got the islands for free somewhere around the 13th, Tuesday, maybe? Anyway, I was very busy with work that week, and did not contact EA until that weekend, on Friday or Saturday. I entered my phone number, they called me, and I told them I spent 120 donuts on the islands before we got them for free, and would not have done so if I had know that would happen. The rep gave me the refund, no haggling, was very easy experience.

And so, I would say that you could even still contact EA now and tell them what happened, and you would be able to get a donut refund. You state you didn't contact EA for your own reasons. Well, that is the reason you did not get a refund. The failure to reclaim your donuts lies entirely with you and your lack of action, not EA's desire to give a refund.
  • hasanmohamma wrote:
    I had obtained all of the limited time items when the update was still actually available. I really have got the Manual Power Generators and unlocked the Slave Labor Willie Costume for Grounds Keeper Willie in the process.

I had purchased all three of the different colored electric cars and I can say that it is nothing too special as it only lights up the headlights and it makes a sound. I don't know why the cars are 5 donuts apart when they are all the same.

They are not all the same each one comes with a different color and different bouns %
  • scskye wrote:
    As anyone bought one? I'm wondering if I should or would my donuts be best spent elsewhere. Thoughts?

I bought one of each, but only because I'm a completist. I like them though. I have one in front of the video game shop, one in front of the Bachelor Arms apts, and one parked at the mall.

The more automobiles they add to the game the better. I'm still hoping they add Marge's station wagon eventually (maybe when they release Maggie as her own character...?).
  • I waffled too long and missed the deadline. Regretting my indecision, I thought it would bug me seeing them in neighbor towns but surprisingly few of my neighbors bought them either.