Forum Discussion

barryriddl474
Seasoned Newcomer
9 years ago

This chili event is disappointing, to say the least.

Sadly I have to agree here. I was even wondering why no such thread existed yet. This is probably the most disappointing update for me until now.
  • It may not initially seem like the best, but I feel like the quest may get better, especially if the rumors of a mini game at the end are true. On top of that, I remember when there used to be long periods of times between events when nothing was going on. These mini-events are an acceptable way to fill the void between major events.
  • Wiredup11 wrote:
    Bet you ... have a consistent sleep schedule which leaves you well-rested for the day.

Wait... What? What's this mystical "consistent sleep" you speak of?

I'm holding judgement for now on the Chili Cookoff, but my Magic 8-Ball says the outlook doesn't look good.
  • I dont think it's that bad. I wasnt around to get the steel mill so its a plus for me
    AirurandoP
    Rising Newcomer
    It's a welcome downtime for me. ( Time to build back some cash and buy the water just because :) )

This mini event reminds me of whacking day but a hell of a lot easier. Going to create another festival area :D

Hope the new crop is a 12 hour task. Might also be a multiplier in one of those decorations.

Verdict? :thumbup:

• Looking forward to tomorrow's "Donut Day" this event as a whole doesn't peak my interest
  • I am definitely less than whelmed by this event. And I don't criticize events often. I feel as if they could've done so much more with it. Instead....pfff.

But I'll play. It's more free stuff.
  • starstrucsims wrote:
    smohqy wrote:
    geekbyknight wrote:
    What more were you expecting from an event based on a single episode?

I guess you missed Stonecutters?

Some episodes are full of new stuff, such as the Stonecutters episode. It had a lot of different characters, usual characters in different clothes, different places. The chili episode just didn't have all that much new stuff in it.

As the kids say, THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • organizmx66 wrote:
    I think it's pretty decent for a little mini event...not a fan of the big building, but I like the booths, the cactus, and the coyote.
    Maybe you are just having one of those days Barry, you are generally pretty affable 8)

Ditto... one of my all time fave episodes!
    http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f5/zennglenn/Screenshot_2016-06-02-15-01-13-1_zpsodlwgnz5.png

-might've liked to see a bigger event but seems fairly decent & certainly dig collecting Insanity Peppers; would actually love to have a couple NPC Insanity Peppers wondering around :twisted:

The 'Patron of Personalized Chili Halucinations' is very welcome in my town 8)

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f5/zennglenn/efa4d52c-402f-4dd1-8a7e-be040187cb9a_zpsttpluyn6.png
  • I honestly never cared for the episode so I wasn't surprised I don't like the event