Forum Discussion

10 years ago

This update seems a little...rushed

Good theory and I hope you're right about it. Was a very odd stonecutters thing.
  • NOVA_POLARI wrote:
    I feel as if EA put the Stonecutters stuff back in the store at the very last minute. I feel like we were either supposed to get the Vday event yesterday or today but it got delayed. The update seems very random and some of the items in the store are only staying for one day. So I feel like EA needed to push Vday back a day or two and this is just filler. Plus it also is a way for them to get some extra cash. I think we will get Vday either tomorrow or Saturday. If we dont then I think we will probably have a Vday mini event and instead have a Saint Patricks day major event starting at the end of February going into March. Also Homer did mention the superbowl in the text. It is possible that EA left that line of code blank so they could make a superbowl joke but I kind of doubt it. Adding more prove that this could of been a last minute update.

If you mean impromptu then i agree with you.

But I'm pleased with any new content and maintain very low expectations to avoid unnecessary disappointment.

There's much bigger things in life to be upset about. In MY life, anyway. Some of the gripes I read on this forum give me the impression many people really get bent out of shape over trivial things.

VDay comes when it comes, or it doesn't come at all. I will still...

KEEP CALM AND TAP ON! :lol:

• Whatever the reason they've done it, this is a great way for EA to get people to spend some of the donuts they were saving for Valentines, so they have to buy more when the update hits...
  • juliet603 wrote:
    Whatever the reason they've done it, this is a great way for EA to get people to spend some of the donuts they were saving for Valentines, so they have to buy more when the update hits...

You are right on target. We have seen this release timing repeatedly. It must have demonstrated by now, to increase purchases at the onset of a major event.

Some of us are aware of the psychological manipulation involved with this style of game. They KNOW they are toying with our emotions, Smokey!

P.s. great avatar. Who doesn't love Fabio?!
    jukan00
    New Spectator
    Not sure exactly where to post this but - I'm guessing no Valentine's day event? I'm still hoping for next week but, well, it looks less likely...
  • juliet603 wrote:
    Whatever the reason they've done it, this is a great way for EA to get people to spend some of the donuts they were saving for Valentines, so they have to buy more when the update hits...

That was exactly my thought.. Get everyone to spend their donuts on the beloved Stonecutters stuff and then BAM hit you with an event which will surely make some people want to spend even more donuts which will cause you to need to buy them because it takes so dang long to save up even 100.
  • 4junk3000 wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:

You are right on target. We have seen this release timing repeatedly. It must have demonstrated by now, to increase purchases at the onset of a major event.

Some of us are aware of the psychological manipulation involved with this style of game. They KNOW they are toying with our emotions, Smokey!

P.s. great avatar. Who doesn't love Fabio?!

:lol: I had no idea it had a name! I just loved it gif lol! :P