Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Thought I'd share my Calmwood Mental Hospital

Looks really cool! Love the isolation shed great idea lol
  • brewdog79 wrote:
    Been so busy saving up for buildings, that I haven't placed/decorated my last several buildings. It's not often I'm able to take a screenshot without rebooting my phone, so I thought I'd share what I've done so far.

Wellness Features: barbed wire, high walls, art therapy graffiti, scary rabbit hedge creature, 'hail ants' instructions, and an isolation shed for when patients refuse to take their meds. :D

looks awesome, nice one buddy :thumbup:
  • Looks wicked i like it :D Nice little garden area too :)

bee88161 wrote:
    Looks really cool! Love the isolation shed great idea lol

This is great make me think it is a electric power grid for the building :)
  • Is it just me but I do not like the Red/Orange brick wall as a decoration.
    It only works with certain buildings in my eyes.

Whilst I like your setup and design, I think it'd look much more tranquil and fitting with Trees and either a fence or the marble as a border/outline.

Just my view though.

I'm still saving for mine at present. Kind've looking forward to getting it. It's more of a significant building than just a mini restaurant or Pier shop.
  • Your design is definitely different! :lol: I like how the patients have really lost it. Since we have no fire truck, it's not looking good for Calmwood. I like the bomb shelter there too. :D
  • HankScorrpio wrote:
    Is it just me but I do not like the Red/Orange brick wall as a decoration.

Whilst I like your setup and design, I think it'd look much more tranquil and fitting with Trees and either a fence or the marble as a border/outline.

Just my view though.

I'm still saving for mine at present. Kind've looking forward to getting it. It's more of a significant building than just a mini restaurant or Pier shop.

I always struggle to choose a wall/fence to go with a building. Calmwood seems even tougher to match because it already comes with its own enclosed wall. I thought the brick wall would be the most private and institutional.

I was kinda going for the opposite of tranquil. This may be because I just finished watching American Horror Story Asylum. :-)

The trees are actually the edge of Fat Tony's Compound, so they don't really have anything to do with my Calmwood setup.

Aside from my park, I can't find anything fitting to do with the marble. It seems like it's 2 feet tall and has almost no defined edging. I really dislike it as a decoration.
  • brewdog79 wrote:
    HankScorrpio wrote:
    Is it just me but I do not like the Red/Orange brick wall as a decoration.

Just my view though.

I always struggle to choose a wall/fence to go with a building. Calmwood seems even tougher to match because it already comes with its own enclosed wall. I thought the brick wall would be the most private and institutional.

I was kinda going for the opposite of tranquil. This may be because I just finished watching American Horror Story Asylum. :-)

The trees are actually the edge of Fat Tony's Compound, so they don't really have anything to do with my Calmwood setup.

Aside from my park, I can't find anything fitting to do with the marble. It seems like it's 2 feet tall and has almost no defined edging. I really dislike it as a decoration.

Yeah I think seeing the Calmwood wall and then the contrast of the bright brick wall is what puts me off the combo.

Off topic but I really enjoyed AHS season 1. Thought the 2nd was naff though.
    However you'd have to make it a lot more darker to capture that theme! Is there a murderous doctor character you can implement? :P

I suppose I meant tranquil as in new age mental hospitals, they are actually quite nice in setup.

I have to agree on the marble, I think I've only used it mainly for my park and then for my posh side of town.
    Burns Mansion, Fat Tonys Compound and Wolfcastles mansion to name a few are all surrounded by marble and trees. So they are seperated from the dregs of society!
  • Hopefully Hallowe'en 2013 will see some creepy decorations released that I can plant around Calmwood. :twisted: :D

Yes, it's quite a change to compare a mental ward in the 60s to what exists today. I visited some family in an early 90's psyche ward, and even that reminded me too much of Cuckoo's Nest. We've come a long way.

AHS is great fun! Can't wait for the next season. I hope they tone it down a bit, though. Season 2 had too much stuff going on.