Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Town portrait problem again

I finally managed to take a town portrait. However now when I try, I get a message saying 'not enough storage'
It says it needs 9gb and I have over 23gb s I can't see what the problem is.
  • OK, it turned out I didn't have 23gb storage space after all. I had less than 9 !!
    I cleared space until I had enough, then it worked. So I finally got another portrait.
    when I checked the details of the portrait, it only uses up 23mb of storage. So as you say, it must need 9gb just to work composing it, then compresses it down to 23mb I guess.
  • @pigsick57 as I understand it, it takes hundreds of screenshots and stitches them together so the final image may need a lot of extra space to work with as it goes.
    I'm also fairly sure it needs space on the device storage itself and not any added with a memory card.
    Perhaps move or delete stuff you can replace easily or that you don't want and give it another go.
    I've got a 128 GB tablet with 123 GB free and I've had it fail a couple of times !?!
    99% - pop - oh, joy - reboot !!
  • The shortage is likely in RAM, not ROM. Don't delete apps or pictures. You need to clear the cache for your apps. On Android this is done in Settings > Storage > Cache
  • I still haven't figured why my tablet failed, with 123 of 128gb storage and 7 of 8gb RAM free ?!?
    A reboot and retry solved that, Give that a go if it happens again and you're sure there's room.