Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Toys Were Us

I don't know whether the name of this building is a clever pun or something to make people feel sad and nostalgic. Also, anyone else noticed that there's no door here?
  • "PotBellyPigeon;d-259892" wrote:
    I don't know whether the name of this building is a clever pun or something to make people feel sad and nostalgic. Also, anyone else noticed that there's no door here?

Toys Were Us....is a parody of the toy store chain Toys "R" Us which went out of business. Nothing more.
    rockyb2006
    Seasoned Newcomer
    ToyRUs is back (sort of). They have an online store that you can buy from. That's it though, just online.
  • It made me sad for the people and I was sad because I wasn't able to check if there was a sale to get some Meccano.
    Yeah, no door I had to check that.
  • Still here in Malaysia, and going relatively strong, though Covid can’t have helped. There are at least 3 within 5km of me right now, possibly more.
  • Local toy store I've never even seen local toy store so I doubt they put them out if business Walmart and other stores have been the only other toy stores around me enless u count the one toy store they would have in the mall kb toys
    smohqy
    New Spectator
    I don’t wanna grow up, I’m a Toys R Us kid, there’s a million toys at Toys R Us for me to play with.
  • There is only one greatest toy store there ever was...
    ...Whichever one you are in that makes you forget everything else before...
    ...Whether you seen it advertised or you were passing through an area and "Hey there's a toy shop"...
    ...And you walk in and all you can see is wonder...
    ..."Oooh this is great".
    :) :) :) :)
    You are in the greatest toy shop there ever was.
  • As far as I know only the US Stores are the ones closed up but they have opened 2 back up as a test of the restructure.
  • From what I found out, which is sketchy at best.
    All UK stores are closed, but some sites say they are open and some don't.
    But my phone call was unanswered, the email bounced back and toys'R'us UK site automatically becomes the US one.