Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Track Ambitions

I don't know how much track will become available. Guessing from how much is released in Act One (including the Krusty 7 pieces of track) I think that it will only be possible to cross in a straight line from furthest SF to the other edge. Or make a loop in the centre of your town. I doubt that there will be enough track at this rate. Maybe there will be a lot more to come. I hope so. :cry:
  • I can see this costing me a few thousand donuts but I'm gonna take the chance and just craft and rush blueprints like a madman between now and the end. If I can get one loop finished by midway through act 2 then I'll be on the right track (pun totally intended) :D
  • It'll be nice if EA make track pieces purchasable after the event but I'm not gonna take my chances.
  • annettemarc wrote:
    Linkwick wrote:
    The "bonus prize" after the last prize is actually 1 piece of track (either a straight-long piece or corner).
    They start at 1,000, and increase by +1,000 after every one earned.

I.e. first is 1,000 currency, second at 2,000, third at 3,000... and so on.
    That happens at all 3 Parts.
    Also, after the last prize is won (or sped up with donuts), the daily cap no longer applies. So once we get the last prize, you can go hell-for-leather with the bonuses!! :D

Are you sure the cap comes off after we finish the last prize for each level? Is that what you mean? I wish someone out there had rushed through already, so we could see if that actually happens ... if it would cost me 100 donuts or so to rush my final prize of the last level with a few days to spare to start grinding for a bunch of tracks, that would interest me a lot. I wonder how many tracks we could make in a day if there were unlimited projects? So, what would I be "spending" on each track (in terms of donuts) if I spent 100 donuts to "rush" to get to the ability to start grinding for them?

Did that make ANY sense?

I just used Lisa's Recycling Center to speed up the prizes and I can confirm that #1) you get one track piece for each 3,000 blueprints thereafter and #2) you can turn in as many projects as you like. However, it looks like you get only one project bonus per day.
  • blackgryphon9999 wrote:

I just used Lisa's Recycling Center to speed up the prizes and I can confirm that #1) you get one track piece for each 3,000 blueprints thereafter and #2) you can turn in as many projects as you like. However, it looks like you get only one project bonus per day.

Interesting. So you can also use Lisa's RC to buy track at just over 17 donuts a section (2 donuts for 350 bp). Speeding through the prizes using this method costs less than half the donuts you would normally use (e.g. 50 instead of 120). This makes the track in a track bundle a lot cheaper. Tempting...

Thanks for that! :thumbup:
  • thatdonald845 wrote:
    blackgryphon9999 wrote:

Interesting. So you can also use Lisa's RC to buy track at just over 17 donuts a section (2 donuts for 350 bp). Speeding through the prizes using this method costs less than half the donuts you would normally use (e.g. 50 instead of 120). This makes the track in a track bundle a lot cheaper. Tempting...

Thanks for that! :thumbup:

The amount of blueprints required seems to go up 1,000 each time you reach a goal. :-( I guess I'm going to have to grind away at the recycling center...
  • I hope, that after this event is over, EA see's fit to keep extra tracks in the store. By my estimate's, I'd love to be able to fill up every inch of SF, and hopefully a bridge, or monorail tunnel to SFH, and maybe some bridges over the water, and, maybe allow the monorail to head up into the mountains, and beyond. I love my monorail, and would love to keep adding to it, and maybe some upper level loops. The thought's I have, are endless.
  • I'd prefer if we could MAKE tracks someplace - same as SquidPort sections today!

That way we could continue designing our monorails and town how we like.