Forum Discussion

12 years ago

useless, useless useless...

oh you're not alone, those prizes are the usual prizes the rare ones are like finding a lottery ticket. Some lucky people have gotten premium characters out of them. I did get a lemon tree once too which was awesome.
  • Broke my streak of endless trees, hedges, fences with 10 donuts at the weekend. Complete surprise and was happy as a result.
    It is a free box so technically should be grateful for any item let alone donuts, also the Buddha will give you better odds of better items. Bear in mind that a premium item can range from a character to a picket fence though.
    The risk of gambling really!

I have been tempted to start doing the scratchcards though. It's always a kick in the teeth when you get the "this would've been 20 donuts" in the golden.
    Although I think I read on this forum that it isn't worth it and buying a bunch straight out is better.
  • Today's mystery box gave me a mystery box. That mystery box gave me a bench, but at least it was a premium bench. Things are looking up. :D
  • I got 30 donuts. That and the lemon tree it took 6 months to get (not that I'm bitter that friends played & got in their first weeks) almost made up for the parking lots & fences.

I call them 'misery boxes' because I grown every time I click on it each week. Lol
  • Everyone's always complaining about the mystery boxes not always giving a premium reward but what you're all forgetting is that the weekly mystery box is an additional bonus for the player from EA to say thanks for playing so much. In no way are you entitled to a mystery box. Therefore you can't complain when you don't get a premium reward, because really, you shouldn't be getting anything. It's actually out of the goodness of EA that these mystery boxes exist so really you should all be kissing the ground at their feet when they send you five brown fences because this stuff ain't free.
  • I've had some strange luck with the weekly mystery boxes. Got a lemon tree with my third box. Then a few weeks later got ten donuts, then game crashed. Wasn't to happy since I lost donuts and had to open box again. SVT was in it so my mood quickly went upward. Last week opened box up and got another box, which gave me thirty donuts. Bought two homer Buddhas and got Hans and sixty donuts back to back. Couldn't believe it. Only a gazebo in today's box, but I certainly can't complain.
  • I've gotten Squeaky Voiced Teen in first week, that was very lucky, I guess. :)
    But I also bought one box and now I have 6 doughnts worth of newspaper dispenser..
  • I assumed everyone got the lemon tree in the first couple of weeks. I have 4 side towns created for Xmas event and they all got lemon trees (one got SVT). My bf also has 3 side towns that got the tree right away. - Frinks lab in a mystery box would be fantastic!