Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Wasting Donuts due to Extended Events

I am unhappy with the Halloween event being extended without notice. Early on 14th November, With *what I thought was* 1 hour left, I spent about 30 donuts rushing the tasks to defeat Montymort for the third time. Later that day I log on, the event continues. For 2 days. I would have had plenty of time to unlock Montymort for zero donuts.

I have contacted support and asked is there any way of being reimbursed for the donuts I wasted, but this isn't a thing.

I've suggested they either (1) tell players in advance via a popup that the event is being extended, or (2) alter the "event ends in xx days xx hours" timer WELL in advance of it ending. So people don't waste sweet, precious donuts!

What are other players' experiences and thoughts on this issue?
    heyababy47428
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Welcome to the forums.
    I recommend going to the Google store page for Tapped Out, and disabling Auto-Updates (should be a option in the upper right corner). Then the new patch won't apply until you want it to, or at least until they force an update.
    Be aware that this means you won't get the start of a new event updating automatically anymore.
  • I’m sympathetic to the OP’s plight, but not so sympathetic that I think he is entitled to a donut reimbursement. If you have been playing the game long enough, you ought to be aware that the event end times are rarely hard and fast. Spending donuts in order to speed things up in the face of such fuzzy deadlines is not necessarily a straightforward decision. Just my opinion.
  • Ea never tells us anything. So the lesson is do what you can while you can. Never, EVER count on EA to tell you anything, give you extra time because it wont happen. Sometimes they dont even gice you the time they say they will, stuff disappears from the store early all the time. It may be wrong, bad, sad or whatever but it is the reality of the situation.