Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Web based tool to build/arrange Springfield.

Hi

Didn't find any topic regarding while searching topics..and it's true....I didn't read all of the existing topics ;)
Many it have been discused earlier so please inform me or point me in the right direction and I will read the topic myself.

Wouldn't it be nice with a web based tool where you can build/arrange Springfield? Im at level 199 and Springfield starts to get to big to do any remodeling, don't you agree?

When starting the game players added buildings and stuff and the town grow...but now it would be nice to move things around. But doing this on a phone or tablet is far from practical, is it even possible without getting crazy before you are done.

To nuke the town and restart is unthinkable, just scrolling thry your storage to find the thing you need would be impossible since the layout/function of the storage isn't quite usser friendly.

What Im saying isn't that it should be possible to play the game in PC or Mac, just building the city, arrange buildnings, streets, parks and other things.

I would guess people would be so creative if they could build thing in an easier way.

Take care and be safe

/Per
  • Yes, a web based tool would be great. Ive used an android emulator but it sucked, so I dont recommend it. Discussing it is technically a violation of forum rules as well.

Years ago, I led a forum post requesting the Area Select Tool. We were very lucky to receive this tool in the game, and can now select and store/move groups of objects. This is useful for storing objects as a collection, to preserve a design. When redesigning a large town, using the tool to store large plots and replace as a group, makes it much easier than trying to drag them "miles" across the land.

The tool can also be used to store bulk items. For example, I have a group of all the different fountains. I use it as an image index. When I need a fountain, rather than scrolling the entire storage, I look in the fountain group.

Our board also championed a post requesting the Full Town Portrait tool. We were very lucky to receive this useful function. This tool is very useful for redesigning large towns. If you take a portrait and then print it on paper, you can then cut the paper into sections, and use the pieces to make your new town arrangement. Having it on paper allows you to cut "neighborhoods" or districts, and reorganize them to fit your new layout. You can then go back into the game with a "blueprint" on paper to refer to.

There's two primary problems w redesigning larger towns. One we cannot do much about, which is the limitation of memory on mobile devices, and the resolution demands when panned out to the largest view. There's not much we can do, nor do I expect EA to either.

The other is a lack of indexing for the storage area. If EA would alphabetize and then provide lettered tabs, we could scroll and locate items much faster. Hopefully someday, but I doubt it unless we made significant requests for it. You may want to lead a post discussing how much you crave it. If enough interest supports it, maybe they will hear us.

Happy tapping!