Forum Discussion

11 years ago

What do you think of house farmers?

I think that like with anything it depends on the specifics. I have a few dozen blue houses, as I didn't have a smartphone until the summer and wanted to "catch up" a bit, but I have placed them in the furthest corner of my town. And when I buy more land, I place them even further away.

Because I hate when someone has a big ugly mass of them in the middle of the town, but unless you're spending lots of donuts on premium items for multipliers, you need some degree of them to to have a good income.

And some people get a little out of hand with how many they have...
  • OrdealByFire wrote:
    halo_nothing wrote:
    OrdealByFire wrote:
    halo_nothing wrote:
    I really don't know why it would bother people how some choose to play their game.

I can't ask a question without being pinned to a stake? I knew this idiotic comment would come up at some point, but I didn't think it'd be on the first page.

Where the hell did that come from? I wasn't "pinning you to a stake" as you put it. It was just a general comment. Seriously dude.. chill.

The last thing you said in your post was "thoughts?" so that's what I simply provided. You want people's opinions but when they post something you don't like you take it as a personal attack? Get a grip..

Forgot I bothered to put that tidbit at the end of the post.

Why do you care that people care what other people do with their towns? :wink:

I'm not going to justify this with much of a response outside of the fact you created a topic in which now appears to be an attempt at baiting people to post opinions that differ from yours so that you can chastise them.

You asked for opinions, you got them. Case closed.
  • I couldn't care either way whether my friends have house farms. I know I sure had one when I was trying to get cash for every ridiculously expensive building that came out with every new update. Probably about 150 houses altogether, but it helped me bank a ton of money so now I'm ready for whatever overpriced buildings come my way.

If I land in the middle of a house farm, I do what someone else mentioned: tap 3 and move on. Saves me a few seconds, so everyone wins.

To those who get deleted from friend lists because they have a house farm: go ahead and send me a request (same name in-game) and I'll be more than happy to tap on 3 of your brown/blue/purple houses every day ;)
  • Not the most pleasing thing to see especially when some people seem to have 100 of the same house but all around I don't mind. I can see why they do it when I get new tasks it seems to take me several days to save up enough to buy a new building.
  • nubbin71 wrote:
    The only reason I would have a problem with a "house farmer" as a neighbor is if they never bother to visit my Springfield (that applies to non-house farmers too), or if by visiting their town it consistently caused my device to crash.

Beyond that, whatever floats their boat!

As an ex house farmer it would be hypocritical to advise others not to house farm. One word of caution though, if your Springfield is too heavily house farmed friends may find it difficult to visit you without their game crashing.
  • I personally don't like house farming or farmers. It takes away from the game IMO. I think if someone really wants extra money they could at least make it look pretty. Maybe turn a bunch of houses into a neighborhood or something, not just pile so many houses, that your poor device can barely keep the app open.

I think it shows a lot if a person house farms like a maniac. In fact I think it shows greed.

...anyways I am probably gonna get attacked, but hey it needed to be said, so whatever.
  • I've got plenty of duplicate houses, but havent really ever properly house farmed. Where I do have them, I have them arranged as streets. These days its as much to fill the spaces as not being bothered to take them down. They will come down as space is needed.

Dont really like having neighbours with big housefarms as it makes the game a tad jerky at times and its difficult to navigate them during events. I have a few neighbours with housefarms and some with the buildings just dumped down. Doesnt bother me, but in the past I have removed housefarmer neighbours when I wanted to tidy up my neighbour lists.
  • Dont care. The only friends I delete are inactive ones. I have some friends though who have amazing towns, one that IS inactive I won't delete yet because his town his so amazing I just dont want to delete him in case he returns. He has "SPRINGFIELD" written from the streets in his town and the letters are decorated with flowers. I'd share but its not my town right?
  • It's got nothing to do with me what they do with their towns! If one of my neighbours had a farm, I propberly wouldn't bother looking round the town tho.

But I understand at the start it's hard to make money. When I started there wasn't many bonus multipliers as there are now. So I did start of farming. But I didn't use neighbours at the time anyway. So I don't think I upset anyone by using it :mrgreen:
  • I have over 60 houses not including Burns, Simpsons etc. In the UK we have housing estates so that's how I try to arrange mine. I give most of them gardens, trees and roads. You can't have a town without lots of houses I mean where would the people live. :wink: