Forum Discussion

7 years ago

why can’t I chose where land becomes available

With the previous update it was the first time I got land opened up. All the way to the top left. Now, with the Halloween update, they added some even higher than that. This makes no sense. Why not just give land tokens? Now my Springfield is a very odd shape and I’m not using the completely out of my way land which was made available. This really annoys me. Please, EA, stop enforcing me where you want me to put the items for the update.
  • I hated it too but I decided to turn it into my garbage area... I put all the stuff I don't use but don't want to store in it. i "extended" my mountains with all the mountain like stuff we have gotten (murder horn etc) to block it off and now have it packed with stuff i don't care about.
    heyababy47428
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Honest question: Did we ever get a choice of where the new land opens up? Or did EA always choose where the next expansion was going to be?
  • "heyababy47428;c-2001023" wrote:
    Honest question: Did we ever get a choice of where the new land opens up? Or did EA always choose where the next expansion was going to be?

Well sort of. They decided whether it was a strip vertical or horizontal, but excluding during the tutorial levels, the user has always chosen which land they unlock. Until the I&S event though EA didn't give us free land at all I believe.
  • "frosted1414;c-2000939" wrote:
    https://i.imgur.com/V8URIcg.png
    I can barely sit these days what with all the paddlin

My new land is right beside those "E" squares I was given during the last event.
  • I think that hole idea with the extra free land is strategic made to follow the same path parcel from the Zoo land and more will going to be open for free from now on, each time a new major event is made, somehow enough space to place new content craftable buildings. This path of land doesn't have anything to do with the casual land that has to be opened with tokens.
  • "TheJuiceLoosener;c-2001065" wrote:
    "frosted1414;c-2000939" wrote:
    https://i.imgur.com/V8URIcg.png
    I can barely sit these days what with all the paddlin

My new land is right beside those "E" squares I was given during the last event.

SAME !! :( Mine went to the right (along the mountains) instead of down (along the water). I'm not going to lie, it's so disappointing. It'll take forever to make a complete square. I wish we could AT THE VERY LEAST sell back that land for tokens. So we can choose our own design. Juuuussssttttt sssaaaayyyyiiiinnn
    Loanet
    Rising Scout
    It's just unlocked directly above where I built a large, walled in zoo-safari. Which, to be honest, is just about the most inconvenient place that it could possibly unlock since my Safari is too wide to move up into that area. I mean, I know EA would like us to buy Land Unlock Tokens for real money, but we'll do that anyway! We don't need inconvenient shapes as an incentive!

It seems my best option is to build my Transylvania into the South East corner.