Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Wrong Buddha Description

Does it bug anyone else that our first Act 2 prize is names “Gautama Buddha” when it is really “Budai,” or “the Laughing Buddha?” I know it’s nit picky, but Gautama Buddha is Sidhartha, the first, and skinny, Buddha. Also, far less Chinese and far more Indian.

Why EA felt the need to add “Gautama” is beyond me. Simply calling him “Buddha” would have been fine, since he popular conception of Buddha is a smiling, bald, fat dude.
    frosted1414
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Ok, you made go look some stuff up. Both Simpsons wikia and wiki I looked at have him listed both as Gautama Buddha and Buddha so probably something with the writers of The Simpsons and not an EA thing.
    Also, you are probably the only one to be bugged :p
  • I believe his formal name is Maithreeya Buddha. He is also going to be the last buddha or future buddha, appearing when the world ends, I think.
  • "168sean168;c-1857413" wrote:
    I believe his formal name is Maithreeya Buddha. He is also going to be the last buddha or future buddha, appearing when the world ends, I think.

Possibly 2 different but yet the same Buddhas... *spooky*

My missus is from a Buddhist family and she thinks it looks most like Budai... she also says I look like Budai. Nice, eh?
  • "StrobesAU;c-1857392" wrote:
    Yeah, probably so. I didn’t think to see if the Simpsons Wiki had him like that.

No your not the only one. Being a Buddhist myself I noticed it too. It's not that big of a deal
  • "daved7637397;c-1857467" wrote:
    "StrobesAU;c-1857392" wrote:
    Yeah, probably so. I didn’t think to see if the Simpsons Wiki had him like that.

No your not the only one. Being a Buddhist myself I noticed it too. It's not that big of a deal

So you won't blow us up? *phew*
  • Yeah, probably so. I didn’t think to see if the Simpsons Wiki had him like that.
  • "simp7fan;c-1857677" wrote:
    "daved7637397;c-1857467" wrote:

Yeah, they do know where NOT to tread, don't they?

• "shaygitz;c-1858865" wrote:
    "simp7fan;c-1857677" wrote:
    "daved7637397;c-1857467" wrote:

Yeah, they do know where NOT to tread, don't they?

I assume you meant the writers. Sadly, yes. Tis the current world order.

About The Simpsons Tapped Out General Discussion

Talk about your The Simpsons: Tapped Out experience with other TSTO players.49,393 PostsLatest Activity: 11 days ago