Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Itunes credit via android

I'm in a pinch here

I've been given Burger King credit.

I wish to use it to buy Big Macs.

I only have a Whopper device.

Help me!
  • only way is if u have someone u know with an apple device log in to your account/ town on the apple device and use that to buy your donuts if u then exit and save the game and log out and then log back in on your android device and u should have the donuts saved this is the only way to do it hope this helps
  • OK

has anyone successfully used their account on BOTH itunes and android?

Pity that there isn't a real iFruit virtual machine out there...
  • JackColby223 wrote:
    I'm in a pinch here

I've been given iTunes credit.

I wish to use it to buy doughnuts.

I only have an android device.

Help me!

Well, you definitely can't use iTunes credit on Google Play. That's like apple and oranges.

What you can do is get access to an Apple device. See if you have a family member or friend willing to let you borrow their iPhone, iPad, or iPod for a little while.

You'll need to register for an iTunes account if you don't have one. You can do this via computer by downloading iTunes and registering from there (the iTunes Store icon in the sidebar of iTunes). Once you have your iTunes account registered, go to the iTunes Store and look at the menu bar on the right side ("Quick Links" ) There should be a "Redeem" option. Use that to enter your gift card code and get the money credited to your account.

Now you have to borrow your friend/family member's iDevice I mentioned above. Go to the App Store on the device, and scroll to the bottom. Logout of the account currently logged in, and log into your own iTunes account so you can use the iTunes gift card credit. If they don't have Tapped out on their device, download it. Launch Tapped out, and if your friend/family is logged into Origin, log out. If it's a newly downloaded instance of Tapped Out, simply log in to your Origin account. Let the game load, and it should pull up your town. Now simply make a donut purchase.
    Your iTunes credit will be charged whatever you paid and you'll get the donuts. Now you can log out of Origin (unless you want to give your friend/family member access to your town) and return the iDevice to your friend/Family member. Launch Tapped Out on your Android device and enjoy!

JackColby223 wrote:
    OK

has anyone successfully used their account on BOTH itunes and android?

Pity that there isn't a real iFruit virtual machine out there...

If you are talking about iTunes and Google Play accounts, then no because they are two different accounts.

If you are talking about Origin, then yes. I own an iPod and a Google Nexus 7. I started out playing Tapped on my iPod (at the time Android did not have Origin for Tapped out). After Android Tapped Out got Origin, I tried logging into my town on my Google Nexus. Works like a charm, which makes sense considering your town is saved to your Origin account, not your device.
  • Tonight I was able to load TSTO on a friends ipod touch and used my itunes account to pay for the doughnuts, went to neighbours and back to force a synch and the doughnuts were there on my Android.

So I'm the happy owner of a Rich Texan now and all the other solo characters.

I will do this again in the future as iTunes cards often go on sale for 40-50% off their face value in Oz.